Mifi liberate XP drivers download.

Scholar

Mifi liberate XP drivers download.

My mother's running XP on her 10 yo Toshiba laptop. Just bought the Liberate mifi, which I love. She has neither WIFI card, nor access to Ethernet broadband other than hooking up my mobile to go online.
I need the drivers so I can use the Liberate as a USB modem, and I need help!!!
Message 1 of 5 (5,806 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Mifi liberate XP drivers download.

From page 38 of the Liberate User Guide;

To configure your USB Mode connection, tap USB Mode. Select Charge Only to recharge the battery via USB cable, or Tethering over USB to cnnect the device over a USB cable with a data connection. Windows XP users must install drivers from the MiFi Liberate Manager.

Message 2 of 5 (5,742 Views)

Have you ever heard of Catch-22???

This person cannot download the driver from att.mifiliberate since they have no WiFi to access the device. att.mifilberate is the device. 

The driver installer for winXP CAN be downloaded from the novatel site (novatel is the actual manufacturer) at http://www.novatelwireless.com/index.php?cID=1047

With sloppy responses like that, how did you get to be an ACE-Professor??

Message 3 of 5 (3,478 Views)
Professor

Heck of a necro, but still, kudos for getting a laugh out of me.

Message 4 of 5 (3,353 Views)
Professor

davidascher wrote:

Have you ever heard of Catch-22???

This person cannot download the driver from att.mifiliberate since they have no WiFi to access the device. att.mifilberate is the device. 

The driver installer for winXP CAN be downloaded from the novatel site (novatel is the actual manufacturer) at http://www.novatelwireless.com/index.php?cID=1047

With sloppy responses like that, how did you get to be an ACE-Professor??

Since the OP indicates that they "love" the Liberate, I can only assume they have some type of access to it, probably from another device. So they should be able to get the drivers from it and install them on the mother's laptop.

Message 5 of 5 (3,263 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.