Microcell not connecting to the internet

Microcell not connecting to the internet

I recently moved to a new house and can't get my microcell to connect to the internet. I have had it reconfigured, updated it with my new location, but none of that seems to matter because it won't even connect to the internet. In my old house (with a different modem) everything worked just fine. I'm not sure if it's a modem issue (it's a Cisco modem) or something happened to my microcell. It powers up just fine, but when it's connected directly to the modem, it doesn't get an internet signal. I've tried powering down all the devices, resetting the microcell, etc.

Has anyone had this problem?

Message 1 of 18 (4,464 Views)
Contributor

Re: Microcell not connecting to the internet

It is the exact issue as the OP. Directly connected to the modem. Comcat ISP. Internet works fine wireless or when plugged in via ethernet cable.

Message 16 of 18 (3,348 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Ok. So you have your MicroCell connected directly to the gateway and not the router. That rules out any configuration issues with the router. If the ethernet light on the MicroCell isn't green, then there's no connection. Have you tried a different ethernet cable or made sure the cable is snugly in place?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 17 of 18 (3,346 Views)
Contributor

So what is the answer? I am having the same problem!

Message 18 of 18 (1,498 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.