Microcell activation

ACE - Master

Microcell activation

So att has had a microcell activation server outage since 2/25 and its still not fixed.  Does ATT employ engineers that are stupid or is there a bigger problem at hand.  It helps to inform the customer that there is a problem.  You have a web interface for the microcell why not a little post saying we are having activation server issues.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 1 of 22 (4,532 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Microcell activation

[ Edited ]

Thanks. Unfortunately VoLTE won't work with the MicroCell. The frequency listed in the Guide is an example because frequency allocations will change from service area to service area.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 22 (4,381 Views)
ACE - Master

yeah this area is refarmed 850mhz for band 5 lte. And its does make me wounder if thats why my microcell wont activate.
Message 17 of 22 (4,372 Views)
ACE - Master

In theory, your phone should retrain (for want of a better word) to the MicroCell's 3G signal once it is in range of the MicroCell because that should be the dominant signal in your house, provided the MicroCell is setup correctly, the phone is playing nice with the MicroCell, and your ISP isn't doing something odd on their end with ports or line quality. My phone is on 4G/LTE all of the time but once I walk into my house, the phone indicates ATT M-Cell. Sometime it indicats M-Cell 4G but it's still only connecting at 3G protocols.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Message 18 of 22 (4,370 Views)
ACE - Master

oh my nexus 5 works great with it.  My problem is the darn this wont activate.  its been setting on checking location data with att for 49 hours.  I finally gave up

Message 19 of 22 (4,363 Views)
ACE - Master

Ok, you're confusing me. Your Nexus 5 works well with what, the MicroCell or the macrocell network?

What do you mean by checking location data? Is the GPS light a solid green? Are you in a rural area or a new area? Have you done a hard reset on the MicroCell? Did you enter the correct address? Sounds funny I know but your home address has to match what the GPS coordinates are.

Message 20 of 22 (4,360 Views)
ACE - Master

this is the message that i get when clicking on  Add a New 3G MicroCell Device Location

We apologize for the inconvenience, but our system is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

here is what I mean by stuck activating.  its been this way for 56 hours.  and it wont let me disconnect the microcell from my account

Location Verification

The system is now comparing the GPS (Global Positioning System) location provided by your MicroCell to the address information you entered during the online activation process.

Message 21 of 22 (4,336 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Hmm, ok. Is your account address (billing address) the same physical location as your MicroCell? Is your address in a new development or rural? Have your tried a different browser? Sometimes just changing to a different browser works (from IE to FireFox for example).

Message 22 of 22 (4,331 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.