Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

My Microcell works great when it is working, but I have to reboot it every day.  How do I fix this problem?

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

Is is just the 3G light that is blinking green or is it another symptom? Is this a new MicroCell?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6

Not a blinking green, it is a solid red. Unit is about a year old.
Message 3 of 6
ACE - Master

A solid red 3G light is either an indicator of a hardware failure, or an update that didn't go right and when the MicroCell attempted a re-boot, it failed and it thought there was a hardware failure. I'd try a hard reset. Turn off the power to the MicroCell. Then push a paperclip into the reset hole which is on the back of the MicroCell and then turn on the power while holding in the paperclip. Keep holding in the button for about 30 seconds. The MicroCell should go thru the entire Initial Activation process. What you are doing is basically resetting the MicorCell back to factory defaults by clearing out the memory and registers. The Initial Activation process is detailed in my Guide (link in my sig).

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTMobilityCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6

I will try that. However this is an everyday deal. It is not the one-off
hardware update that failed. We reboot every morning because the red light
is on. I havent done the reboot AND reset combination though. Will give it
a try and let you know. I am out of town till Friday though.
Message 5 of 6
ACE - Master

Ok. Quite often just a power-cycle clears it but sometimes a hard reset is needed if something got hung-up if there was an update pushed or some other glitch.

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support