Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 17, 2014
7:27:04 AM
Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

My Microcell works great when it is working, but I have to reboot it every day.  How do I fix this problem?

My Microcell works great when it is working, but I have to reboot it every day.  How do I fix this problem?

Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 8:04:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Is is just the 3G light that is blinking green or is it another symptom? Is this a new MicroCell?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Is is just the 3G light that is blinking green or is it another symptom? Is this a new MicroCell?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Microcell Requires Daily Rebooting

2 of 6 (766 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 8:10:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
Not a blinking green, it is a solid red. Unit is about a year old.
Not a blinking green, it is a solid red. Unit is about a year old.

3 of 6 (763 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 9:12:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

A solid red 3G light is either an indicator of a hardware failure, or an update that didn't go right and when the MicroCell attempted a re-boot, it failed and it thought there was a hardware failure. I'd try a hard reset. Turn off the power to the MicroCell. Then push a paperclip into the reset hole which is on the back of the MicroCell and then turn on the power while holding in the paperclip. Keep holding in the button for about 30 seconds. The MicroCell should go thru the entire Initial Activation process. What you are doing is basically resetting the MicorCell back to factory defaults by clearing out the memory and registers. The Initial Activation process is detailed in my Guide (link in my sig).

A solid red 3G light is either an indicator of a hardware failure, or an update that didn't go right and when the MicroCell attempted a re-boot, it failed and it thought there was a hardware failure. I'd try a hard reset. Turn off the power to the MicroCell. Then push a paperclip into the reset hole which is on the back of the MicroCell and then turn on the power while holding in the paperclip. Keep holding in the button for about 30 seconds. The MicroCell should go thru the entire Initial Activation process. What you are doing is basically resetting the MicorCell back to factory defaults by clearing out the memory and registers. The Initial Activation process is detailed in my Guide (link in my sig).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (754 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 9:21:34 AM
(0)
Tutor
I will try that. However this is an everyday deal. It is not the one-off
hardware update that failed. We reboot every morning because the red light
is on. I havent done the reboot AND reset combination though. Will give it
a try and let you know. I am out of town till Friday though.
I will try that. However this is an everyday deal. It is not the one-off
hardware update that failed. We reboot every morning because the red light
is on. I havent done the reboot AND reset combination though. Will give it
a try and let you know. I am out of town till Friday though.

5 of 6 (751 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2014 9:54:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok. Quite often just a power-cycle clears it but sometimes a hard reset is needed if something got hung-up if there was an update pushed or some other glitch.

Ok. Quite often just a power-cycle clears it but sometimes a hard reset is needed if something got hung-up if there was an update pushed or some other glitch.

6 of 6 (750 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments