Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 30, 2014
2:22:13 PM
MicroCell and Uverse

Hello,

I have a 3G MicroCell and Uverse tv and internet but the microcell wont activate or connect to 3G.  I went through the process of deactivating and reactivating however it as not make any progress on the reactivating process.

I've tried multiple locations and currently have it next to a window where my cell phone gets 2-3 bars consistantly but still no luck with getting a solid 3G light.

Please help!!!

Thank you.

Hello,

I have a 3G MicroCell and Uverse tv and internet but the microcell wont activate or connect to 3G.  I went through the process of deactivating and reactivating however it as not make any progress on the reactivating process.

I've tried multiple locations and currently have it next to a window where my cell phone gets 2-3 bars consistantly but still no luck with getting a solid 3G light.

Please help!!!

Thank you.

MicroCell and Uverse

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 3:05:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok. First, is this a new MicroCell from AT&T? How do you have it setup? What kind of RG (Uverse modem) do you have?

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Ok. First, is this a new MicroCell from AT&T? How do you have it setup? What kind of RG (Uverse modem) do you have?

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: MicroCell and Uverse

2 of 13 (1,077 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 3:45:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

It is not a new MicroCell.  We've had it for a few years and have had it work wonderfully on 2 different occasions with ATT DSL both at our current address and at a prior address.  

The Uverse router thing has this number on the front: 3801HGV

It is not a new MicroCell.  We've had it for a few years and have had it work wonderfully on 2 different occasions with ATT DSL both at our current address and at a prior address.  

The Uverse router thing has this number on the front: 3801HGV

3 of 13 (1,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:20:14 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on Jan 30, 2014 at 6:26:46 PM

Ok. So it sounds like setup is not an issue cause you have lots of prior experience. That's good. It could be a configuration issue with the 3801HGV. I 'm not familiar with that RG but I'll dig around some. In the mean time, I'd PM CustomerCare with your issue and mention the fact that you've had success before at two different locations with AT&T DSL and you problems just started with the use of the 3801. It could be as simple as an installation issue.

Just checked my notes and the 3801HGV is the newer 2-Wire RG for VDSL with longer runs to the box.

Ok. So it sounds like setup is not an issue cause you have lots of prior experience. That's good. It could be a configuration issue with the 3801HGV. I 'm not familiar with that RG but I'll dig around some. In the mean time, I'd PM CustomerCare with your issue and mention the fact that you've had success before at two different locations with AT&T DSL and you problems just started with the use of the 3801. It could be as simple as an installation issue.

Just checked my notes and the 3801HGV is the newer 2-Wire RG for VDSL with longer runs to the box.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 13 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:28:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

I've successfully set it up before but I didn't have to do anything special just plug and play previously.  It's been trying to "power up" for like a week now with no success.

I'll see what I can find out from customer care I just have to wait do use my husbands work phone so that I can stay connected insdie my house.  Outside i have 2-4 bars all the time but in the house no one can hear me Smiley Sad

I look forward to hearing the suggestions you have Smiley Happy

I'll post any updates I get as well.

THANK YOU

I've successfully set it up before but I didn't have to do anything special just plug and play previously.  It's been trying to "power up" for like a week now with no success.

I'll see what I can find out from customer care I just have to wait do use my husbands work phone so that I can stay connected insdie my house.  Outside i have 2-4 bars all the time but in the house no one can hear me Smiley Sad

I look forward to hearing the suggestions you have Smiley Happy

I'll post any updates I get as well.

THANK YOU

5 of 13 (1,042 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:31:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

Do you know if online chat for technical support is available 24/7?  It keeps saying all agents are busy but I wasn't sure if it was becuase they were closed.

Do you know if online chat for technical support is available 24/7?  It keeps saying all agents are busy but I wasn't sure if it was becuase they were closed.

6 of 13 (1,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:49:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I don't know about the online chat support. I think you would be better off to PM CustomerCare detailing your problem, what you have done to fix it (if anything), your account information, and the best way to contact you (either a pm thru here or an email address). Personally, I don't think the online chat is that effective in cases like this, especially if it will involve a service call to check the installation and/or RG configuration.

I don't know about the online chat support. I think you would be better off to PM CustomerCare detailing your problem, what you have done to fix it (if anything), your account information, and the best way to contact you (either a pm thru here or an email address). Personally, I don't think the online chat is that effective in cases like this, especially if it will involve a service call to check the installation and/or RG configuration.

7 of 13 (1,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 7:05:12 PM
(0)
Tutor

Currently on an online chat but if it doesn't help I'll PM customer care.

Currently on an online chat but if it doesn't help I'll PM customer care.

8 of 13 (1,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 8:04:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok. Let us know how it goes.

Ok. Let us know how it goes.

9 of 13 (1,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 8:17:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by shepsigkap on Jan 30, 2014 at 8:28:17 PM

Well the cellular tech support thinks it's an issue with the modem not letting the micro cell communicate with the att network so they suggested I call uverse tech support ...

The had me do a "hard reset" by unplugging for 15 min and they had me switch the Ethernet cord going to the micro cell from port 3 to port 1 but so far no activation yet.

I'll send the pm tonight Smiley Happy

Well the cellular tech support thinks it's an issue with the modem not letting the micro cell communicate with the att network so they suggested I call uverse tech support ...

The had me do a "hard reset" by unplugging for 15 min and they had me switch the Ethernet cord going to the micro cell from port 3 to port 1 but so far no activation yet.

I'll send the pm tonight Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
10 of 13 (1,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 8:31:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I went ahead and sent a PM to the Admins and gave them your username. There seems to be some issues with U-verse so this should get escalated and hopefully you'll get contacted by CustomerCare but do go ahead and send a PM, just in case.

I went ahead and sent a PM to the Admins and gave them your username. There seems to be some issues with U-verse so this should get escalated and hopefully you'll get contacted by CustomerCare but do go ahead and send a PM, just in case.

11 of 13 (1,006 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:03:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
I sent a PM through the link in your signature.

Thank you!
I sent a PM through the link in your signature.

Thank you!

12 of 13 (1,001 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 9:11:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Let's hope something good comes of this.

Let's hope something good comes of this.

13 of 13 (999 Views)