Helpful Links

Micro Cell......

Highlighted
Contributor

Micro Cell......

I know I sound like I am complaining...... But how can ATT try to sell you a microcell, when you dont get a good signal? I mean I was getting dropped calls, no signal etc. When I use to always have signal at my house.  Come to find out it was the cell phone that was the problem.... Anyway, I think ATT should give them out to all subscribers that has signal issues. But I was told I had to pay for ATT problem for no signal....... I dont understand this.... Am I the only one that thinks like this?

Message 1 of 5
Mentor

Re: Micro Cell......

Well, while your statement is definitely valid, I agree to an extent.  The truth is that there is no cell phone carrier that can guarantee service everywhere, 100% of the time.  Some carriers work better in certain zip codes/areas than other carriers, and vice versa.  If anything it's a great problem solver to have these microcell options that will just work through your internet and boost your signal.  Due to the carrier(s) not able to provide coverage everywhere, it's an expense for them to buy each one of these and would definitely be loosing money if they gave them out.

For several months when they first came out, most customers in areas with weak or no coverage was offered one for free, but that promotion expired.  

Message 2 of 5
Tutor

I agree.  May not work everywhere. But if I cancel my service. U will charge me and etf and a restocking fee to return the phone. Now is that fair

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
N/A

If you cancel your service while under contract, you will be charged a pro-rated ETF, but you keep the phone. When you signed up, the carrier sold you a phone at a steep discount, a $650 retail priced phone for $200.  The ETF is their way to recoup loss of the phone.  The phone has some value, and you could sell it to recoup your loss on the ETF.

lilshug wrote:

I agree.  May not work everywhere. But if I cancel my service. U will charge me and etf and a restocking fee to return the phone. Now is that fair

Message 4 of 5
Scholar

If you call customer service you can probably get the micro cell for 100 dollars
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support