Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 6, 2013
11:45:49 AM
View profile
Main account balance and purchasing a data package

I just activated my new gophone and bought $25 credit. So, I can use this phone. 

However, when I tried to buy a data package, the screen kept telling me that I don't have enough credit to add any data package. So, I checked my account. It shows Main Account Balance shows 0.00. 

Why is this? And how can I solve this problem? 

Thanks, 

I just activated my new gophone and bought $25 credit. So, I can use this phone. 

However, when I tried to buy a data package, the screen kept telling me that I don't have enough credit to add any data package. So, I checked my account. It shows Main Account Balance shows 0.00. 

Why is this? And how can I solve this problem? 

Thanks, 

Main account balance and purchasing a data package

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 2:33:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I thought I should explain my situation better. When I trid to purchase a data package, the alert shows the following message. 

"Alert

Your monthly rate plan is expired or your current balance is insufficient. You must renew your monthly plan and or have at least $5.00 to buy the Data 50MB Feature. "

Since I just purchased $25/monthly, the plan should not be expired. So, I assume my balance is insufficient. In fact my profiling page shows my Main Balance is $0.00. This must be a problem, but why it shows $0.00 even thought I just added $25 to my account today.  

Anyone can help me?

Thank you, 

I thought I should explain my situation better. When I trid to purchase a data package, the alert shows the following message. 

"Alert

Your monthly rate plan is expired or your current balance is insufficient. You must renew your monthly plan and or have at least $5.00 to buy the Data 50MB Feature. "

Since I just purchased $25/monthly, the plan should not be expired. So, I assume my balance is insufficient. In fact my profiling page shows my Main Balance is $0.00. This must be a problem, but why it shows $0.00 even thought I just added $25 to my account today.  

Anyone can help me?

Thank you, 

Re: Main account balance and purchasing a data package

2 of 4 (335 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 6:43:58 AM
(0)
Contributor

OK. Here is my another question then. 

What is "Main Account Balance"? Is this different from the remaining minutes that I can use? If so, how can I buy a data package? 

OK. Here is my another question then. 

What is "Main Account Balance"? Is this different from the remaining minutes that I can use? If so, how can I buy a data package? 

3 of 4 (294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 7, 2013 10:37:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
The reason why you are unable to purchase a data package is because once you add $25 to your account, your main account balance automatically goes back down to $0.00 to cover the cost of the $25 plan for the month. All you need to do is add more money to your account to purchase and use the 50MB data package.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The reason why you are unable to purchase a data package is because once you add $25 to your account, your main account balance automatically goes back down to $0.00 to cover the cost of the $25 plan for the month. All you need to do is add more money to your account to purchase and use the 50MB data package.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (263 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments