MUST buy iPhone 5 now! How to upgrade Sept/Nov?

Contributor

MUST buy iPhone 5 now! How to upgrade Sept/Nov?

[ Edited ]

In summary I have a new rideshare job that requires me to have an iPhone 5, right now. I'm currently eligible for a full upgrade with 2 year pricing. However, I'm convinced we'll be seeing the 5S/6 by either Sept 15th. So I do not want to use my upgrade until that device comes out. (please don't argue my assumption, its not the point of this question)

Essentially my options are limited- so lets brainstorm together:

Return for refund is 30 days w/ 10% on iPhones. I'm ok with that. Exchange is 30 Days, that works too.

That essentially gets me an iPhone 5 now, up until Sept 1. But I'm pretty sure they won't just keep selling me an iPhone 5's for 3 months, letting me return them for the restocking fee.

Any suggestions or ideas?

AT&T Next program is out of the question.

Message 1 of 7 (1,318 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: MUST buy iPhone 5 now! How to upgrade Sept/Nov?

Scriptvariable wrote:

In summary I have a new rideshare job that requires me to have an iPhone 5, right now. I'm currently eligible for a full upgrade with 2 year pricing. However, I'm convinced we'll be seeing the 5S/6 by either Sept 15th. So I do not want to use my upgrade until that device comes out. (please don't argue my assumption, its not the point of this question)

Essentially my options are limited- so lets brainstorm together:

Return for refund is 30 days w/ 10% on iPhones. I'm ok with that. Exchange is 30 Days, that works too.

That essentially gets me an iPhone 5 now, up until Sept 1. But I'm pretty sure they won't just keep selling me an iPhone 5's for 3 months, letting me return them for the restocking fee.

Any suggestions or ideas?

AT&T Next program is out of the question.

correction - return / exchange period is now 14 days and itis a one time shot. Find a used iphone or a refurb from  shop and use that.

Would not hold my breath on September though.

Message 2 of 7 (1,292 Views)

Actually they will probably announce the phone on September 10th ( I don't remember nor care since I hate Apple but it is around that date people are flying around) and reportedly Be out for sale on October 25th ( they usually wait a few weeks to sell if from announcement )
Message 3 of 7 (1,036 Views)
Expert

Closingracer wrote:
Actually they will probably announce the phone on September 10th ( I don't remember nor care since I hate Apple but it is around that date people are flying around) and reportedly Be out for sale on October 25th ( they usually wait a few weeks to sell if from announcement )

and the same rumor has it that the phone is a slight improvement over the current phone plus a cheap all plastic version of the phone will be released at the same time, but it is apple and everything being reported, including the fact that there is a new 5s coming out is pure rumor until apple releases the information

Message 4 of 7 (1,014 Views)
Scholar

You could always pick up the iPhone 5 under contract, sell it when the 5S is released, and pay full price of the 5S (or whatever it will be called).

Other options are to buy a used iPhone 5 and sell that once the new one is released.

Or just keep an iPhone 5 for two years; it's still a great phone even though on paper it sounds like the specs are behind Android phones.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 5 of 7 (898 Views)

"Buyer's Remorse" period is 14 days-to return device (in this case iPhone 5) to pt if sale. Very unusual to find iPhone 5 as refurbished - maybe on eBay. Surprise employer has rideshare that only 1 type of device only works. Surprise employer doesn't go through program, instead, that any kind of device can be used. IPad can't be used until 5s comes out?
Message 6 of 7 (813 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

I do agree with everyone else's statement..

To add on, in a positive tone, you're needing a Job, friend.. I wouldn't let that stop me from having everything I need for work.. I'd also make my company reimburse me for buying the phone as well, because that's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.. "Hello Joe! We would hire you, but you have a Galaxy S4, please come back whenever you have a iPhone 5.

But whatever, bottom line, It shouldn't matter, you need a job, get iPhone 5.

Goodluck! You may be the Next CEO of that Company. Smiley Happy

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7 (797 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.