Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 19, 2013
11:05:55 AM
View profile
MIFI Liberate 1.4 update issues?

My MIFI Liberate pushed the software update to 1.4 Tuesday of this week. It imediately started refusing the update, and finally I got it updated after about 3 master resets. After the update, the MIFI no longer stays registered to the HSPA+ network. It kicks off the network and registers to a new IP address after roughly 30 seconds to a few minutes. Obviously, this constant drop/network IP issue means the Mifi is utterly useless now. I already have had the one I updated Tuesday replaced, and the new replacement mifi unit is doing the same thing on HSPA+.  I also have a ticket into AT&T's network engineers to check out the issue. 

Is anyone else's Mifi not working after the update, or is it just my bad luck? It worked fine for 6 months on software 1.3. 

My MIFI Liberate pushed the software update to 1.4 Tuesday of this week. It imediately started refusing the update, and finally I got it updated after about 3 master resets. After the update, the MIFI no longer stays registered to the HSPA+ network. It kicks off the network and registers to a new IP address after roughly 30 seconds to a few minutes. Obviously, this constant drop/network IP issue means the Mifi is utterly useless now. I already have had the one I updated Tuesday replaced, and the new replacement mifi unit is doing the same thing on HSPA+.  I also have a ticket into AT&T's network engineers to check out the issue. 

Is anyone else's Mifi not working after the update, or is it just my bad luck? It worked fine for 6 months on software 1.3. 

MIFI Liberate 1.4 update issues?

104 replies
(6) Me too
(6) Me too
View all replies
(104)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 1:00:06 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, everyone!

We apologize for the delay. A fix to the intermittent connectivity issues with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi® Liberate has been rolled out by AT&T and users should no longer experience these issues.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, everyone!

We apologize for the delay. A fix to the intermittent connectivity issues with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot MiFi® Liberate has been rolled out by AT&T and users should no longer experience these issues.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: MIFI Liberate 1.4 update issues?

91 of 105 (1,493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 5:33:30 AM
(0)
Voyager

Yep, no issues for a week now.  Rock solid!

Yep, no issues for a week now.  Rock solid!

92 of 105 (1,427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 10:45:27 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Yay! I'm glad to hear it.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! We hope to continue to see you around the forums!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Yay! I'm glad to hear it.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns! We hope to continue to see you around the forums!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

93 of 105 (1,411 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 12:38:01 AM
(0)
Contributor

When you say "rolled out" - what exactly does that mean. My mifi tried to do a software update on 3/22/2013 and it never completed. Now I can't do an update at all. It says my current software version (1.1) is the most current.

What is the solution for this?

When you say "rolled out" - what exactly does that mean. My mifi tried to do a software update on 3/22/2013 and it never completed. Now I can't do an update at all. It says my current software version (1.1) is the most current.

What is the solution for this?

94 of 105 (1,244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 7:19:08 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello syscorpdev,

I would start with a factory reset. Is your device still under warranty?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello syscorpdev,

I would start with a factory reset. Is your device still under warranty?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

95 of 105 (1,215 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:01:27 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Taylarie on Feb 14, 2014 at 7:06:24 AM

When the coast is clear I need to buy one of these.  Is it working correctly for everyone now?  My Samsung tablet mysteriously put a lock screen code on while I had it sitting there in airplane mode while tethering another device from my phone.  This makes at least One Too Many Times I will have to do a factory reset and I'm just not going to waste the time.  

I am positive my phonetthering had somethingto do with this as the tablet had been left on for weeks and this was the first tme I had thethered that other device.

My first time in ATnT I wanted the mifi but balked at the $20 per month fee.  But right now I am paying $10 for a device thats not working and has been a continuing pain in the *** anyway.  Since its not working and I am tethering I am wasting extra data anyway.

Will the mifi give me complete control over my data usage?  Such as stay off when I turn it off, and never connect a device that is not mine?  I am uncomfortable that you cant limit the total number of connections to one or two, as the passcode looks very insecure. 

{Edited for word filter evasion}

When the coast is clear I need to buy one of these.  Is it working correctly for everyone now?  My Samsung tablet mysteriously put a lock screen code on while I had it sitting there in airplane mode while tethering another device from my phone.  This makes at least One Too Many Times I will have to do a factory reset and I'm just not going to waste the time.  

I am positive my phonetthering had somethingto do with this as the tablet had been left on for weeks and this was the first tme I had thethered that other device.

My first time in ATnT I wanted the mifi but balked at the $20 per month fee.  But right now I am paying $10 for a device thats not working and has been a continuing pain in the *** anyway.  Since its not working and I am tethering I am wasting extra data anyway.

Will the mifi give me complete control over my data usage?  Such as stay off when I turn it off, and never connect a device that is not mine?  I am uncomfortable that you cant limit the total number of connections to one or two, as the passcode looks very insecure. 

{Edited for word filter evasion}

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

[ Edited ]
96 of 105 (1,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 7:06:07 AM
(0)
Mentor

Hey, my post posted even tho I wasnt done writing.  My last thing is, can I return this for a complete refund if it doesnt work as advertised? I plan to not go contract on the purchase.  

Hey, my post posted even tho I wasnt done writing.  My last thing is, can I return this for a complete refund if it doesnt work as advertised? I plan to not go contract on the purchase.  

listen to the river sing sweet songs to rock my soul

97 of 105 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 14, 2014 11:07:01 AM
(0)
Expert

little birdy wrote:

if you got it at a subsized price you have 14 days to return it, not sure what the warrenty is on the device for a replacement

little birdy wrote:

if you got it at a subsized price you have 14 days to return it, not sure what the warrenty is on the device for a replacement

98 of 105 (1,081 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 4:16:53 PM
(0)
Voyager
I also started noticing problems similar to yours around late January. My device had been working perfectly up until then, but I had started to lose functions that normally worked fine- 1) Data Usage bar graph has disappeared, now just says 0.0 MB Used. 2) Does not receive any text messages, either AT&T service messages such as billing statement is available/approaching data limit/etc., or texts from my phone (yet still shows a text charge on monthly statement). 3) Any changes made & saved from the Admin page- WiFi key, SSID, etc. are lost when the device is powered off. When the device is powered back on, I get the factory default "Welcome" screen- Including the default WiFi password key, and all settings are back to the factory default. After searching the forums, I ran across this thread concerning the 1.4 Update. I checked and mine is at 1.3 and after manually checking for updates, it comes back indicating the current software is up to date !! I also put in a ticket w/ AT&T and received a call from Tech Support, saying they think my device is bad, and unfortunately, out of warranty after having it for 10 months. After seeing this thread has 27,000+ views, I pressed the issue and am waiting to hear back from them. I realize AT&T reserves the right to modify their network, however it seems they are deviating from their own Service Agreement. I really like the Liberate, but cannot continue paying out the 2-year equipment subsidy if this device is not 100% compatible with the service.
I also started noticing problems similar to yours around late January. My device had been working perfectly up until then, but I had started to lose functions that normally worked fine- 1) Data Usage bar graph has disappeared, now just says 0.0 MB Used. 2) Does not receive any text messages, either AT&T service messages such as billing statement is available/approaching data limit/etc., or texts from my phone (yet still shows a text charge on monthly statement). 3) Any changes made & saved from the Admin page- WiFi key, SSID, etc. are lost when the device is powered off. When the device is powered back on, I get the factory default "Welcome" screen- Including the default WiFi password key, and all settings are back to the factory default. After searching the forums, I ran across this thread concerning the 1.4 Update. I checked and mine is at 1.3 and after manually checking for updates, it comes back indicating the current software is up to date !! I also put in a ticket w/ AT&T and received a call from Tech Support, saying they think my device is bad, and unfortunately, out of warranty after having it for 10 months. After seeing this thread has 27,000+ views, I pressed the issue and am waiting to hear back from them. I realize AT&T reserves the right to modify their network, however it seems they are deviating from their own Service Agreement. I really like the Liberate, but cannot continue paying out the 2-year equipment subsidy if this device is not 100% compatible with the service.

99 of 105 (861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 7:11:54 PM
(0)
Tutor

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, everyone!

-Mariana

Yes:

I am assuming that this AT&T "update" fix was applied to my Liberate after having serious connerctivity problems from the 1.4 update. It seems to stay connected much better, however, now I cannot update any of the device settings via the web access to the device. I can make changes and "save" changes but almost as soon as I am finished and back using the device, it seems to shut down and either reset or I have to do a power cycle on it to get it running. Occasionally when it does this, I have to pull the battery, wait, and re-install to get it to work as it has entirely locked up. I have just left it with the default values for the password, network name, and WEP access since I cannot seem to change them without the device resetting and automatically going back to its default values. Any ideas?

This is totally ridiculous. It was beeping at me incessantly not 15 minutes ago and I couldn't do anything with it online until I pulled the battery and re-inserted it. It is NOT working properly. I want it replaced with something which works.

ATTMarianaCM wrote:

Hello, everyone!

-Mariana

Yes:

I am assuming that this AT&T "update" fix was applied to my Liberate after having serious connerctivity problems from the 1.4 update. It seems to stay connected much better, however, now I cannot update any of the device settings via the web access to the device. I can make changes and "save" changes but almost as soon as I am finished and back using the device, it seems to shut down and either reset or I have to do a power cycle on it to get it running. Occasionally when it does this, I have to pull the battery, wait, and re-install to get it to work as it has entirely locked up. I have just left it with the default values for the password, network name, and WEP access since I cannot seem to change them without the device resetting and automatically going back to its default values. Any ideas?

This is totally ridiculous. It was beeping at me incessantly not 15 minutes ago and I couldn't do anything with it online until I pulled the battery and re-inserted it. It is NOT working properly. I want it replaced with something which works.

100 of 105 (848 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 11, 2014 7:40:01 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

If you're still experiencing issues with your device, please send our team a private message by clicking here, we'll be happy to help with anything we can. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will contact you directly with in 3 business days to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello everyone,

If you're still experiencing issues with your device, please send our team a private message by clicking here, we'll be happy to help with anything we can. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will contact you directly with in 3 business days to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

101 of 105 (794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 3, 2014 6:37:35 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just did a Check for Updates and got a new download & software install. Did a factory reset and now it seems to have fully restored all functions that were previously disabled (Data Usage Meter, receiving Service Texts, save SSID & Password changes, Back Up Settings, etc.).  Any configuration changes seem to be saved ok when the device is powered off then back on. Data connections seem to be holding, no dropped sessions. Software Version still displays 1.3 and Last Update says Never, but everything appears to be working as it should now.

Just did a Check for Updates and got a new download & software install. Did a factory reset and now it seems to have fully restored all functions that were previously disabled (Data Usage Meter, receiving Service Texts, save SSID & Password changes, Back Up Settings, etc.).  Any configuration changes seem to be saved ok when the device is powered off then back on. Data connections seem to be holding, no dropped sessions. Software Version still displays 1.3 and Last Update says Never, but everything appears to be working as it should now.

102 of 105 (626 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2015 10:43:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi All, I have been reading this long thread, and found myself in the same situation but slightly different. I bought one of these in the States, but suddenly I had to move and now I'm working outside US, and sorry to say I'm experiencing similar problems here in Argentina. I've seeing that it seems that the new update rolled out back in Jan 17, 2014 fixed the problem. 

Can anyone provide specific information about this fix? Full release version information, etc.

Is this fix available for offline update?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hernan

Hi All, I have been reading this long thread, and found myself in the same situation but slightly different. I bought one of these in the States, but suddenly I had to move and now I'm working outside US, and sorry to say I'm experiencing similar problems here in Argentina. I've seeing that it seems that the new update rolled out back in Jan 17, 2014 fixed the problem. 

Can anyone provide specific information about this fix? Full release version information, etc.

Is this fix available for offline update?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hernan

103 of 105 (227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2015 11:33:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Taylarie on Dec 6, 2015 at 12:07:44 PM

WNHAT HAPPENS WHEN U MASTER RESET MINE IS STILL ON VERS 1 AND WONT UPDATE

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

WNHAT HAPPENS WHEN U MASTER RESET MINE IS STILL ON VERS 1 AND WONT UPDATE

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

[ Edited ]
104 of 105 (133 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 22, 2015 9:30:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just got a Liberate and it's been nothing but issues. Stuck on Ver. 1.1 and drops connection about every 10-30 seconds. I've tried every way possible to update but it fails every time. If I search for an update on the device it just sits there searching for and never finds anything. When I stop the search it then says no updates available. I tried updating via pc using the update software but that fails on the reset stage and I then have to remove the battery to get the device to work again. I've factory reset this thing well over 20 times with no change.

Just got a Liberate and it's been nothing but issues. Stuck on Ver. 1.1 and drops connection about every 10-30 seconds. I've tried every way possible to update but it fails every time. If I search for an update on the device it just sits there searching for and never finds anything. When I stop the search it then says no updates available. I tried updating via pc using the update software but that fails on the reset stage and I then have to remove the battery to get the device to work again. I've factory reset this thing well over 20 times with no change.

105 of 105 (106 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments