Helpful Links

Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Contributor

Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Hi, I have a lumia 920 and it still has not picked up the GDR2 update. I am still stuck on OS 8.0.10211.204. Is the update not rolling out to all areas at the same time? I live in central MA. Is the problem something with my phone? From reading in other threads on this site and WPCentral there seems to be a small group of us who just aren't getting the update. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244999-no-updates-available.html

Is there anything I can do to try and force the update? Not sure if it would matter but I bought my handset the day it was released, so it would be from the first batch sold by AT&T.

Message 1 of 18
Tutor

Re: Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

This is a standard ATT Nokia 920.  I have 6 920's on my plan and this is the only one that has yet to receive the update.  The software version is up to date, prior to GDR2-AMber.

When I click update, it says, no updates available.

Message 16 of 18
Voyager

I was also given the runaround with which company to call. I was finally able to talk to a support manager who tried to figure out why my phone wasn't finding the update. Her final conclusion was to just bring it to an AT&T retailer to have them flash the phone to see if it would work. Very reluctant to lose all my data even though things are backed up.

I still keep checking everyday just in case.
Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
Contributor

Have you had any luck yet?  I have a similar issue with my 920.  I've thought about trying the hard reset, has that worked for any of you?

Message 18 of 18
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support