Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 15, 2013
4:43:12 AM
View profile
Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Hi, I have a lumia 920 and it still has not picked up the GDR2 update. I am still stuck on OS 8.0.10211.204. Is the update not rolling out to all areas at the same time? I live in central MA. Is the problem something with my phone? From reading in other threads on this site and WPCentral there seems to be a small group of us who just aren't getting the update. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244999-no-updates-available.html

Is there anything I can do to try and force the update? Not sure if it would matter but I bought my handset the day it was released, so it would be from the first batch sold by AT&T.

Hi, I have a lumia 920 and it still has not picked up the GDR2 update. I am still stuck on OS 8.0.10211.204. Is the update not rolling out to all areas at the same time? I live in central MA. Is the problem something with my phone? From reading in other threads on this site and WPCentral there seems to be a small group of us who just aren't getting the update. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244999-no-updates-available.html

Is there anything I can do to try and force the update? Not sure if it would matter but I bought my handset the day it was released, so it would be from the first batch sold by AT&T.

Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

17 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(17)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 5:17:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Check for Update when connected to various Wifi networks - perhaps the one(s) you're using now are somehow blocking the update due to firewalls or even content blockers.

Check for Update when connected to various Wifi networks - perhaps the one(s) you're using now are somehow blocking the update due to firewalls or even content blockers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

2 of 18 (10,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 5:23:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've tried doing it multiple times over LTE and wifi, on my work's network (comcast) and on my home network (Verizon fios), so I don't think that is the issue.

I've tried doing it multiple times over LTE and wifi, on my work's network (comcast) and on my home network (Verizon fios), so I don't think that is the issue.

3 of 18 (10,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 9:45:38 PM
(0)
Contributor

in case it helps, our white 920 is firmware rev number 1232.5951.1249.0001 and radio software version is 1.0.202075.3 with hardware rev number 1.0.0.0. It's not picking up the GDR2 update on Wifi or LTE. What gives?

in case it helps, our white 920 is firmware rev number 1232.5951.1249.0001 and radio software version is 1.0.202075.3 with hardware rev number 1.0.0.0. It's not picking up the GDR2 update on Wifi or LTE. What gives?

4 of 18 (9,982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 12:04:44 AM
(0)
Scholar

Just google GDR3 and get both

Just google GDR3 and get both

I love Chicago

5 of 18 (9,973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:18:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

You need to have GDR2 before you can get GDR3 through the developer preview program. Checked for updates this morning and still nothing.

You need to have GDR2 before you can get GDR3 through the developer preview program. Checked for updates this morning and still nothing.

6 of 18 (9,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 5:46:49 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Not sure why you're not getting it. Have you called 611 to report that you're not getting it?

- report it by calling 611 on your phone

- PM http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 as well.

Not sure why you're not getting it. Have you called 611 to report that you're not getting it?

- report it by calling 611 on your phone

- PM http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 18 (9,955 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 12:44:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Did you guys get your updates yet??
Did you guys get your updates yet??

8 of 18 (9,936 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 10:54:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Last checked yesterday evening (PST), no update available.... Smiley Sad

Last checked yesterday evening (PST), no update available.... Smiley Sad

9 of 18 (9,876 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 7:31:39 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As suggested, please send us a private message, we have an amazing social media management team that will to everything they can to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello everyone,

As suggested, please send us a private message, we have an amazing social media management team that will to everything they can to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 18 (9,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2013 1:33:19 PM
(0)
Tutor

FYI - Just got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 on Monday, an upgrade from a fairly old Samsung Focus. On Tuesday morning, I noticed many updates in the Apps Store. These ended up being the GDR2 update I believe...Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

FYI - Just got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 on Monday, an upgrade from a fairly old Samsung Focus. On Tuesday morning, I noticed many updates in the Apps Store. These ended up being the GDR2 update I believe...Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

11 of 18 (9,809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 2:16:07 PM
(0)
Voyager

Thanks for suggestion, just sent a private message to  AT&T customer care.  

Every time I check "software update" under settings, whether I'm on work or home WiFi or on LTE, my phone says my software is up-to-date. Reps at two AT&T stores couldn't explain, just said "be patient," or that I could hard reset the phone and check again. Frequent poster on WPCentral forums also suggested a hard reset.  A pain, but wouldn't be the end of the world.

Thanks for suggestion, just sent a private message to  AT&T customer care.  

Every time I check "software update" under settings, whether I'm on work or home WiFi or on LTE, my phone says my software is up-to-date. Reps at two AT&T stores couldn't explain, just said "be patient," or that I could hard reset the phone and check again. Frequent poster on WPCentral forums also suggested a hard reset.  A pain, but wouldn't be the end of the world.

12 of 18 (9,725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 20, 2013 5:55:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

kxcd wrote:

.Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

That's not even released to carriers or OEMs yet. The preview is installable now if you are a dev, but it's not the final bits.

kxcd wrote:

.Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

That's not even released to carriers or OEMs yet. The preview is installable now if you are a dev, but it's not the final bits.

13 of 18 (9,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 5:34:19 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here we are on the 31st, and still no update on the one White Nokia 920. ATT told me to contact Nokia and Microsoft. both companies told me to contact ATT.  

At this point, I have no idea what to do..... Smiley Sad

Here we are on the 31st, and still no update on the one White Nokia 920. ATT told me to contact Nokia and Microsoft. both companies told me to contact ATT.  

14 of 18 (9,433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 5:37:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

MikadoWu wrote:

Is this some kind of special variant of the 920 (ie, a developer phone, etc?) or did you just get it from AT&T as a normal contract phone. If that's the case there isn't anything special about the color, it should find the update.

On wifi, when you check for update it says what?

And what version of the OS are you running now (settings, about this phone?)

MikadoWu wrote:

Is this some kind of special variant of the 920 (ie, a developer phone, etc?) or did you just get it from AT&T as a normal contract phone. If that's the case there isn't anything special about the color, it should find the update.

On wifi, when you check for update it says what?

And what version of the OS are you running now (settings, about this phone?)

15 of 18 (9,431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2013 6:10:40 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by MikadoWu on Oct 31, 2013 at 6:11:31 AM

This is a standard ATT Nokia 920.  I have 6 920's on my plan and this is the only one that has yet to receive the update.  The software version is up to date, prior to GDR2-AMber.

When I click update, it says, no updates available.

This is a standard ATT Nokia 920.  I have 6 920's on my plan and this is the only one that has yet to receive the update.  The software version is up to date, prior to GDR2-AMber.

When I click update, it says, no updates available.

[ Edited ]
16 of 18 (9,426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2013 11:57:33 AM
(0)
Voyager
I was also given the runaround with which company to call. I was finally able to talk to a support manager who tried to figure out why my phone wasn't finding the update. Her final conclusion was to just bring it to an AT&T retailer to have them flash the phone to see if it would work. Very reluctant to lose all my data even though things are backed up.

I still keep checking everyday just in case.
I was also given the runaround with which company to call. I was finally able to talk to a support manager who tried to figure out why my phone wasn't finding the update. Her final conclusion was to just bring it to an AT&T retailer to have them flash the phone to see if it would work. Very reluctant to lose all my data even though things are backed up.

I still keep checking everyday just in case.

17 of 18 (9,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 12, 2013 2:44:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Have you had any luck yet?  I have a similar issue with my 920.  I've thought about trying the hard reset, has that worked for any of you?

Have you had any luck yet?  I have a similar issue with my 920.  I've thought about trying the hard reset, has that worked for any of you?

18 of 18 (9,157 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments