Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Contributor

Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Hi, I have a lumia 920 and it still has not picked up the GDR2 update. I am still stuck on OS 8.0.10211.204. Is the update not rolling out to all areas at the same time? I live in central MA. Is the problem something with my phone? From reading in other threads on this site and WPCentral there seems to be a small group of us who just aren't getting the update. http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/244999-no-updates-available.html

Is there anything I can do to try and force the update? Not sure if it would matter but I bought my handset the day it was released, so it would be from the first batch sold by AT&T.

Message 1 of 18 (10,350 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Lumia 920 still hasn't found GDR2 Update

Check for Update when connected to various Wifi networks - perhaps the one(s) you're using now are somehow blocking the update due to firewalls or even content blockers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 18 (10,325 Views)
Contributor

I've tried doing it multiple times over LTE and wifi, on my work's network (comcast) and on my home network (Verizon fios), so I don't think that is the issue.

Message 3 of 18 (10,325 Views)
Contributor

in case it helps, our white 920 is firmware rev number 1232.5951.1249.0001 and radio software version is 1.0.202075.3 with hardware rev number 1.0.0.0. It's not picking up the GDR2 update on Wifi or LTE. What gives?

Message 4 of 18 (10,235 Views)

Just google GDR3 and get both

Message 5 of 18 (10,226 Views)
Contributor

You need to have GDR2 before you can get GDR3 through the developer preview program. Checked for updates this morning and still nothing.

Message 6 of 18 (10,214 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Not sure why you're not getting it. Have you called 611 to report that you're not getting it?

- report it by calling 611 on your phone

- PM http://forums.wireless.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773 as well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 18 (10,208 Views)
Mentor

Did you guys get your updates yet??
Message 8 of 18 (10,189 Views)
Contributor

Last checked yesterday evening (PST), no update available.... Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 18 (10,129 Views)
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As suggested, please send us a private message, we have an amazing social media management team that will to everything they can to help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 18 (10,081 Views)
Tutor

FYI - Just got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 on Monday, an upgrade from a fairly old Samsung Focus. On Tuesday morning, I noticed many updates in the Apps Store. These ended up being the GDR2 update I believe...Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

Message 11 of 18 (10,062 Views)
Voyager

Thanks for suggestion, just sent a private message to  AT&T customer care.  

Every time I check "software update" under settings, whether I'm on work or home WiFi or on LTE, my phone says my software is up-to-date. Reps at two AT&T stores couldn't explain, just said "be patient," or that I could hard reset the phone and check again. Frequent poster on WPCentral forums also suggested a hard reset.  A pain, but wouldn't be the end of the world.

Message 12 of 18 (9,978 Views)
ACE - Professor

kxcd wrote:

.Would like to get the GDR3 update sometime soon....

That's not even released to carriers or OEMs yet. The preview is installable now if you are a dev, but it's not the final bits.

Message 13 of 18 (9,952 Views)
Tutor

Here we are on the 31st, and still no update on the one White Nokia 920. ATT told me to contact Nokia and Microsoft. both companies told me to contact ATT.  

At this point, I have no idea what to do..... Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 18 (9,686 Views)
ACE - Professor

MikadoWu wrote:

Here we are on the 31st, and still no update on the one White Nokia 920. ATT told me to contact Nokia and Microsoft. both companies told me to contact ATT.  

At this point, I have no idea what to do..... Smiley Sad

Is this some kind of special variant of the 920 (ie, a developer phone, etc?) or did you just get it from AT&T as a normal contract phone. If that's the case there isn't anything special about the color, it should find the update.

On wifi, when you check for update it says what?

And what version of the OS are you running now (settings, about this phone?)

Message 15 of 18 (9,684 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.