Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forums

Highlighted
Posted Dec 19, 2012
8:50:46 AM
View profile
Lumia 920 does always ring. Just get Voicemails spontaneously appear.

I've had several instances where the Nokia Lumia 920 doesn't always ring.  Instead, I just get a 'New Voicemail Alert'. 

Occasionally this has happened in my office where my older Samsung Focus, and even older BlackBerry Bold always rang.  Sometimes the Lumia rings here too.  Other times it has happened while I'm out and about.  I've also had the occurence where the phone rings once, then rolls to voicemail. 

Is there a way to change the network configuration that keeps the 'Alerting' phase (maybe it's called the 'Ringing' phase) going on longer, before rolling over to voicemail? 

Thanks.

I've had several instances where the Nokia Lumia 920 doesn't always ring.  Instead, I just get a 'New Voicemail Alert'. 

Occasionally this has happened in my office where my older Samsung Focus, and even older BlackBerry Bold always rang.  Sometimes the Lumia rings here too.  Other times it has happened while I'm out and about.  I've also had the occurence where the phone rings once, then rolls to voicemail. 

Is there a way to change the network configuration that keeps the 'Alerting' phase (maybe it's called the 'Ringing' phase) going on longer, before rolling over to voicemail? 

Thanks.

Lumia 920 does always ring. Just get Voicemails spontaneously appear.

4 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 12:19:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

I've been having the same problem with my Lumia 920.  

Sometimes I'll have the phone sitting next to me on my desk and I suddenly receive a "new voicemail" notification, without having heard my phone ring.   My wife also has told me that sometimes she calls me and it goes straight to voice mail, or sometimes she hears it ring and then goes to voicemail, even though I had the phone with me and never heard it ring.

I'm with Telus in Canada (though I bought my phone from Rogers) but I'm guessing it's either a hardware or software issue, not a carrier issue.

I've been having the same problem with my Lumia 920.  

Sometimes I'll have the phone sitting next to me on my desk and I suddenly receive a "new voicemail" notification, without having heard my phone ring.   My wife also has told me that sometimes she calls me and it goes straight to voice mail, or sometimes she hears it ring and then goes to voicemail, even though I had the phone with me and never heard it ring.

I'm with Telus in Canada (though I bought my phone from Rogers) but I'm guessing it's either a hardware or software issue, not a carrier issue.

Re: Lumia 920 does always ring. Just get Voicemails spontaneously appear.

2 of 5 (14,185 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 25, 2013 12:35:32 PM
(0)
Scholar
I'm having the same problem too, however my phone is an LG quantum with WP 7. So it's not just the 920
I'm having the same problem too, however my phone is an LG quantum with WP 7. So it's not just the 920

3 of 5 (14,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2013 5:36:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I had the same problen with various phones on Sprint, and on AT&T. It very much is a signal problem, which can be caused by the device or just your location. It's hard for the tower to ring your device if it can't reach your device.

I had the same problen with various phones on Sprint, and on AT&T. It very much is a signal problem, which can be caused by the device or just your location. It's hard for the tower to ring your device if it can't reach your device.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (14,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2014 9:15:41 AM
(0)
Contributor
Same thing happens with my Nokia 920. I get a voicemail notification, but the phone didn't ring or vibrate. Sometimes, there isn't even a record of the call in the call history, even though there is a voicemail.
Same thing happens with my Nokia 920. I get a voicemail notification, but the phone didn't ring or vibrate. Sometimes, there isn't even a record of the call in the call history, even though there is a voicemail.

5 of 5 (6,510 Views)