Helpful Links

Loyalty

Contributor

Loyalty

I have been a customer with AT&T since 1997. In all the years that I have been a customer the customer service has gone downhill. AT&T seems to be alot more overpriced now than other companies and there are NO rewards for long term customers. This is something AT&T needs to change. New cusomers recieve better pricing on new phones and better rewards overall. I have been a customer for 17 years..why should I have to overpay for even a refurbished phone? Why should I have to talk to 2 or 3 people just to get resolutions to billing issues? Wake up and reward the loyal customers! Im seriously cosidering leaving AT&T, can you give me a good reason why I shouldnt?  If you havent been with AT&T long let me tell you now, you can stay for years and never be rewarded for being a long term customer!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Professor

Re: Loyalty

Hey there!

What seems to be the issue? Perhaps someone here can help?

One reason that you shouldn't switch is because AT&T's Mobile Share Value plans really save you money. Did you know you can 4 lines with a 10GB Mobile Share Value plan for only $160?

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

pookiegf wrote:

I have been a customer with AT&T since 1997. In all the years that I have been a customer the customer service has gone downhill. AT&T seems to be alot more overpriced now than other companies and there are NO rewards for long term customers. This is something AT&T needs to change. New cusomers recieve better pricing on new phones and better rewards overall. I have been a customer for 17 years..why should I have to overpay for even a refurbished phone? Why should I have to talk to 2 or 3 people just to get resolutions to billing issues? Wake up and reward the loyal customers! Im seriously cosidering leaving AT&T, can you give me a good reason why I shouldnt?  If you havent been with AT&T long let me tell you now, you can stay for years and never be rewarded for being a long term customer!

If you're eligible for an upgrade, equipment pricing is the same for new and existing customers.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7
Employee

9/10 times, existing customers can get the same specials as new customers.

You want to add-a-line, $100 discount for you.

Walmart is offered a $75 giftcard when you buy X & Y smartphones during Black Friday, and you're upgrade eligble, go for it.

AT&T's website is running a sale on W & V phone and you're ready to get one, go for it.

Phones go down in price over time, so yeah, you're often going to see you're Iphone be $100 less expensive, maybe only 6 months after you get it, and there will always be occasional sales.

If you really want some of the so called specials, you'll have to wait or time it, but you'll be able to get them just fine.

The MobileShare Value 10gb, is one of the specials that AT&T is offered for existing customers

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7
Contributor

This is helpful. I left AT&T a few years ago because of the same issue. I have been considering coming back, but I wanted to make sure that the service was better than when I left. I just got deja vu. I really do not understand why one of these big companies doesn't add a loyalty plan that rewards long termers, especially since it is getting easier and cheaper to break contracts and switch. My guess is that the company that figures this out first, will reap the benefits and dominate.
Message 5 of 7

ya $160 a month unless he wants to upgrade his phones.  If your contracts are up and you renew thst will magically become $260.00 a month.  You see the plan is atually $100 a month plus $15 a line. till you upgrade. Now if your an existing customer like me whos lines are all eligible to upgrade your out of luck. because you had to upgrade before feb 03 to be eligible for the NEW GUY rates on or your stuck on your old contracts. Because the second you upgrade the rate for the shsred plan is $100 plus $40  per line.

Thankyou Att you sure know how reward customer loyality. 

a loyal customer for over dozen years but not much longer

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

1footoutdoor wrote:

ya $160 a month unless he wants to upgrade his phones.  If your contracts are up and you renew thst will magically become $260.00 a month.  You see the plan is atually $100 a month plus $15 a line. till you upgrade. Now if your an existing customer like me whos lines are all eligible to upgrade your out of luck. because you had to upgrade before feb 03 to be eligible for the NEW GUY rates on or your stuck on your old contracts. Because the second you upgrade the rate for the shsred plan is $100 plus $40  per line.

Thankyou Att you sure know how reward customer loyality. 

a loyal customer for over dozen years but not much longer

That is only true if you upgrade with the subsidized, new 2 year contract price. If you upgrade on the Next program ( I.e pay full price for the phone), your access charge stays at $15. 

You can, of course, stay on your current plan and upgrade and your monthly cost won't change. However, you need to do the math and figure out how much a new phone really costs you on your current plan. When you add up the upfront cost for the phone plus upgrade fee plus how much more you pay each month times 24, you may find that new phone actually cost you more than switching to the new plan and paying full price for the phone. 

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support