Loyalty & Appreciation.

Employee

Loyalty & Appreciation.

I have a few suggestions for AT&T. I love the brand and would really like to keep branding strong in US consumers. You have long time loyal customer that upgrade after upgrade remain true to AT&T. In turn they are offered the same promotions you offer new customers. This is how appreciation is shown? Customers want to know they are valuable, they don't only want to hear it. There is a $36 upgrade/activation fee charged per line whether upgrading/adding a line/ New Customer. Adding a line or joining AT&T new, yes there should absolutely be an activation fee considering some of the device options being free or very close to. However, loyal AT&T customers rather than giving their business to any other wireless company they choose to upgrade with AT&T strengthening the amazing customer loyalty base you have. Are they thanked in more than words? No, instead they are free to upgrade at the same device prices as Mr. New Customer, the same plans, the same upgrade/activation fee. I propose showing your loyal customers the same loyalty they give you. Perhaps as new customers they pay the $36 fee, then 2 years later upon first traditional upgrade that decreases a bit, and so on until at some point those customers no longer have to pay those upgrade fees on their current line. This being truly earned as a loyal customer and AT&T showing as well as saying how much their loyal customers truly mean.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 6 (626 Views)
Expert

Re: Loyalty & Appreciation.

[ Edited ]

I kind of have to agree with you on the $36 upgrade fee being a bit much. It used to be $18 and doubled!! I could understand a slight increase of a few dollars or so when they did this but to be doubled from the original fee, well, it's ridiculous.

I've been a customer since the early 90's and I feel your pain...

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 2 of 6 (616 Views)
Expert

Dcookie wrote:

I kind of have to agree with you on the $36 upgrade fee being a bit much. It used to be $18 and doubled!! I could understand a slight increase of a few dollars or so when they did this but to be doubled from the original fee, well, it's ridiculous.

I've been a customer since the early 90's and I feel your pain...

the 36.00 is pretty much industry standard now, but since all carriers are pushing their early upgrade features they are not present there.

Message 3 of 6 (571 Views)
Highlighted
Professor

[ Edited ]

You can always upgrade and pay the full price for the phone.  This eliminates the upgrade fee. Smiley Wink

Much like shopping clubs such as Sam's, BJ's and Costco, there is a fee to get the "discount" on the device.

Message 4 of 6 (562 Views)
ACE - Professor

There is no upgrade or activation fees with ATT Next as far as I'm aware too. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6 (558 Views)
Employee

This is very true. You have the option of paying the lowest device pricing with a standard 2 year contract some devices at $0.00 upfront then have a $36 upgrade/activation fee on your billing cycle about a month from activation. In addition when you choose 2 year contract you upgrade follows your contarct date, so you will not be eligible for upgrade at full discount for 24 months. 

The Second option is AT&T Next. With Next you have the option to pay full cost for the device, but broken into low payments over 20 months added to your bill. All you pay at checkout is taxes with no upgrade fee. In addition you can choose either to complete your 20 months with the phone you select at which time you are free to keep that device and upgrade or you can upgrade after 12 months which is great for customers always seeking the next great device. If you choose to upgrade after 12 months then your current device through Next must be in excellent condition and you simply trade it at 12 months for the next device you want then you begin again with a new 20 month low payment plan.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (548 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.