Lost my Iphone 4.........What now..............@#$@

Contributor

Lost my Iphone 4.........What now..............@#$@

Bah, I must dropped the phone somewhere..  I called the phone using my other phone this morning. It was ringing  then suddenly, voicemail msg kicked it. I guess whoever picked up my phone rejected my call.

Now, if I call, it goes straight to the voicemail..

So here are my questions..

What can ATT do for me?

Is there a way to track the phone? (I didn't install Iphone finder app on the phone)

Should I file a police report? (Prolly a waste of time huh)

Price for new iphone 4 16gb?

thanks in adv

P.s: Please download iphone finder app...Just in case.. 

Message 1 of 9 (6,332 Views)
Guru

Re: Lost my Iphone 4.........What now..............@#$@

quicktwinturbo wrote:

What can ATT do for me? Nothing

Is there a way to track the phone? (I didn't install Iphone finder app on the phone) Nope if you didnt activate MobileMe or another tracking service there is no way to track it.

Should I file a police report? (Prolly a waste of time huh) It would be of little use unless it happens to end up at a pawn shop or you had insurance that required a police report for lost or stolen items before you can make a claim.

Price for new iphone 4 16gb? 599

thanks in adv

P.s: Please download iphone finder app...Just in case.. 

Message 2 of 9 (6,321 Views)
Professor

You need to contact AT&T ASAP and have them deactivate the SIM so that you don't get charged for the thief's usage.  Deactivating the SIM is all AT&T will do for you.

Message 3 of 9 (6,303 Views)
Professor

Or log into the OLAM to report the Iphone as lost when you do  this it shuts your service off.

Message 4 of 9 (6,291 Views)
Contributor

I put a passcode on my iphone so im sure the "founder" cant access to it.. I guess they could reset but like I said, phone is turned off I think... If I call, it goes straight to my voicemail...

What a way to start weekend....

fudge

Message 5 of 9 (6,290 Views)
Scholar

If you have it password locked, obviously someone can't get to it, if failed 10 times i believe the connect to itunes logo pops up, I'm not sure about that. But yea either your phone is shut off, or the battery is dead.

Still call AT&T and have them deactive the sim card.

Message 6 of 9 (6,155 Views)
Professor

Either the battery has died, or they turned it off to prevent tracking, or they took the SIM card out so they can sell it or put a different SIM in it.  In any case, it's gone.

Message 7 of 9 (6,114 Views)
Contributor

Where did you lose it?

Message 8 of 9 (1,372 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Icumup wrote:

Where did you lose it?

Look at the date on the post, it was lost almost 3 years ago. I doubt they are still looking for it.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9 (1,363 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.