Posted Mar 1, 2014
2:56:03 PM
View profile
Line Suspension and Contract

Hi!

I had to suspend my neice's line due to her acting ugly.  I'm ok with paying for the charges while it's suspended BUT will my contract length still decrease or will it freeze?  

Thank!

Hi!

I had to suspend my neice's line due to her acting ugly.  I'm ok with paying for the charges while it's suspended BUT will my contract length still decrease or will it freeze?  

Thank!

Line Suspension and Contract

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 3:35:35 PM
(0)
Expert

GnaBee wrote:

Hi!

Thank!

The 2 year agreement is frozen until you remove the suspension - IE 14 months left when you suspend the line for 4 months, when you start it back it is still at 14 months

GnaBee wrote:

Hi!

Thank!

The 2 year agreement is frozen until you remove the suspension - IE 14 months left when you suspend the line for 4 months, when you start it back it is still at 14 months

Re: Line Suspension and Contract

2 of 7 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 4:45:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
A suspension does not affect the length of the contract. If a contract is scheduled to end in august of 2014, and you suspend for 2 months, the contract will still end in august 2014. Even if you use a reduced rate suspend.
A suspension does not affect the length of the contract. If a contract is scheduled to end in august of 2014, and you suspend for 2 months, the contract will still end in august 2014. Even if you use a reduced rate suspend.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (434 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 5:21:53 PM
(0)
Employee

Yeah, winged101, I think you were off on that one, ujmnz is right, the contract typically still ends the same time as before , If you're still paying for the service for that time, why should it not count?

Otherwise you'd be better just swapping a sim  and keeping the line active, but unused for X period of time.

On the AT&T Next for example, your payments continue, with an ever reducing amount.

-Alex

Yeah, winged101, I think you were off on that one, ujmnz is right, the contract typically still ends the same time as before , If you're still paying for the service for that time, why should it not count?

Otherwise you'd be better just swapping a sim  and keeping the line active, but unused for X period of time.

On the AT&T Next for example, your payments continue, with an ever reducing amount.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 7 (430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2014 5:52:07 PM
(0)

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking that the contract would not freeze since I voluntarily suspended  it and I would still be paying the regular line charge, but that was not listed on the website.

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking that the contract would not freeze since I voluntarily suspended  it and I would still be paying the regular line charge, but that was not listed on the website.

5 of 7 (420 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 12:40:42 PM
(0)
Expert

loganic wrote:

-Alex

So you can basicly suspend my line till the end of my contract at reduced rates

loganic wrote:

-Alex

6 of 7 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 1:02:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru
Edited by ujmnz on Mar 2, 2014 at 1:03:18 PM

wingrider01 wrote:

loganic wrote:

-Alex

that is correct. in the policy, it states employees are not allowed to offer it to ride out the contract, but many customers call in pretending to leave the country on vacation just for that reason. 

*edit* well, at most, 6 months is the max time allowed within a 12 month period with reduced rate suspension. 

wingrider01 wrote:

loganic wrote:

-Alex

that is correct. in the policy, it states employees are not allowed to offer it to ride out the contract, but many customers call in pretending to leave the country on vacation just for that reason. 

*edit* well, at most, 6 months is the max time allowed within a 12 month period with reduced rate suspension. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
7 of 7 (376 Views)