Lied to from one day to another.

Contributor

Lied to from one day to another.

Currently, I am an AT&T customer of at least 8 years. Never have I felt the need to post on a forum of a companies for any reason. Yet, I am compelled to after the treatment I had to endure from 10/25/13 to 10/26/13.<br>Recently my iPhone 5 was stolen from me and I called CS to see if there was anything that can be done. I was told that there was nothing that could be done other than pay the 450 for another phone due to the fact I am not eligible for a full upgrade until September. So then the rep stated he would waive the fee for another not but not for the iPhone. I have been a user of the iPhone since the 3. I stated I had no interest in getting into another 2 year contract with a phone that I do not care to use.<br>After some going back and forth I finally told her that why would company want to lose a faithful customer of 8 years over something trivial. I felt they could have done something for me. After about 5 minutes I told her that for 400 I could cancel my account for 200 and pay another cellular provider 200-300 for the phone I want. She pretty much told me to go do that. I asked her to transfer me to the cancelation department which she did.<br>Upon getting transferred I was greeted by a rep who understood my loyalty to apple products and offered to waive the 450 and just charge me the cost of the phone due to the length of this business relationship. I asked her if I could call back later put in the order and she said fine. I called back later in the day and was told by the rep it would be 3-5 business days and that if I would like I could pick one up at a corporate store and that the arrangement would be honored.<br>Fast forward to today 10/26/13 I gave an AT&T corporate store a call to verify that they did in fact have the iPhone I wanted and that the arrangement would be honored. To my surprise they stated that in fact it would not be.<br>I called CS back and was treated horribly by them stating they would not honor the arrangement that the rep made with me the day prior.<br>It's sad to know that loyalty to a company gets you nowhere. It behooves me how I can be told something and it be notated on my file and not honored. Upsetting to say the least.<br>As I stated in the beginning I am currently an AT&T customer. It will be not much longer.<br><br><br>
Message 1 of 7 (1,242 Views)
Professor

Re: Lied to from one day to another.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

AT&T customer care can also be found online through these channels.

Message 2 of 7 (1,205 Views)
Contributor

I sent them one. Hopefully my issue can be resolved.
Message 3 of 7 (1,195 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Extremelyunsatisfiedsince2005

Just want to let you know, we received your private message and one of our social media managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (1,133 Views)
Contributor

I just wanted everyone to know that my issue was resolved. I spoke with an AT&T social media manager by the name of Nicole K. She was amazing! She was understanding and actually took the time to listen to my story. She was also able to find the notes on my account that representatives and other managers weren't able to. She was true to her word and honoured what was originally offered to me. I'm unable to write enough praises to her professionalism and understanding. She is truly a credit to AT&T.
Message 5 of 7 (697 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much for sharing, I'll make sure to let her and her supervisor know! Please feel free to stop by our Forums anytime you have a question or need help with anything.

Thanks again,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 7 (687 Views)
ACE - Master

Extremelyunsatisfiedsince2005 wrote:
I just wanted everyone to know that my issue was resolved. I spoke with an AT&T social media manager by the name of Nicole K. She was amazing! She was understanding and actually took the time to listen to my story. She was also able to find the notes on my account that representatives and other managers weren't able to. She was true to her word and honoured what was originally offered to me. I'm unable to write enough praises to her professionalism and understanding. She is truly a credit to AT&T.

I don't know if it is possible but if it is, you might want to consider changing your user name. Now that your issue has been resolved, are you really "Extremelyunsatisfiedsince2005"?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 7 (622 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.