Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2013
4:30:03 AM
View profile
Lenovo a390 won't work with AT&T prepaid . Why

I have a go phone sim from AT&T and I just bought the Lenovo a390 but  the sim is not working in a390 any one knows why? Please help

I have a go phone sim from AT&T and I just bought the Lenovo a390 but  the sim is not working in a390 any one knows why? Please help

Lenovo a390 won't work with AT&T prepaid . Why

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 6:53:54 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Fromtari! Welcome to the forums!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a private message. To view it, simply click on the little blue envelope at the top right corner of your screen.

As for why the Lenovo a390 isn't working with the prepaid AT&T SIM card, it's possible that the device is locked. If that's the case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for the unlock code.

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Fromtari! Welcome to the forums!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a private message. To view it, simply click on the little blue envelope at the top right corner of your screen.

As for why the Lenovo a390 isn't working with the prepaid AT&T SIM card, it's possible that the device is locked. If that's the case, you may need to contact the manufacturer for the unlock code.

Let me know if this helps!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Lenovo a390 won't work with AT&T prepaid . Why

2 of 3 (624 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 7:42:40 PM
(0)
Scholar

Per this:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a390-5450.php

You have a non-Americas Europe/Asia/Rest of the World phone. This phone WILL NOT work in the Americas because it lacks the Americas 850/1900 GSM/UMTS bands. You need to use the SIM card in a phone that has the Americas bands (quad-band).

Per this:

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a390-5450.php

You have a non-Americas Europe/Asia/Rest of the World phone. This phone WILL NOT work in the Americas because it lacks the Americas 850/1900 GSM/UMTS bands. You need to use the SIM card in a phone that has the Americas bands (quad-band).

Re: Lenovo a390 won't work with AT&T prepaid . Why

3 of 3 (589 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments