Lack of response - Typical of AT&T??

Contributor

Lack of response - Typical of AT&T??

Have been an AT&T customer for more years then I can remember.  Posted a request for assistance two days ago about my cell service changing to a shared data plan which I didn't need and was costing me $40 per month more than my old plan.   Received emails that my case was assigned and I had the rank of Visitor then Observer.  Give me a break - do I need the rank of Ambassador to get someone to address my issue.  Whoever came up with this silliness should spend more time actually helping customers rather than trying to stoke their egos. 

Seems all AT&T wants to do is change customers to more expensive plans so they can make more money. Counting the days until my contracts expire and I dump four cell lines, Uverse, and a land line.  So much for customer service - not!!!

The best thing so far other than my new rank of Observer - I did receive an unsolicited text message today about changing to AT&T Next - instead of any meaningful assistance.   Go figure.

I previously received a letter from John, Senior Vice President, Customer Experience about two weeks ago talking about how valuable a customer's time and realtionships is to AT&T.  Of course the letter really was about trying to switch customers to Mobile Shared Value Plans and AT&T Next as I now now that his comments about customer service are completely hollow.  Save the cost of postage and please don't send me any more ridiculous letters like that again.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Professor

Re: Lack of response - Typical of AT&T??

dsolar wrote:

Have been an AT&T customer for more years then I can remember.  Posted a request for assistance two days ago about my cell service changing to a shared data plan which I didn't need and was costing me $40 per month more than my old plan.   Received emails that my case was assigned and I had the rank of Visitor then Observer.  Give me a break - do I need the rank of Ambassador to get someone to address my issue.  Whoever came up with this silliness should spend more time actually helping customers rather than trying to stoke their egos. 

Seems all AT&T wants to do is change customers to more expensive plans so they can make more money. Counting the days until my contracts expire and I dump four cell lines, Uverse, and a land line.  So much for customer service - not!!!

The best thing so far other than my new rank of Observer - I did receive an unsolicited text message today about changing to AT&T Next - instead of any meaningful assistance.   Go figure.

I previously received a letter from John, Senior Vice President, Customer Experience about two weeks ago talking about how valuable a customer's time and realtionships is to AT&T.  Of course the letter really was about trying to switch customers to Mobile Shared Value Plans and AT&T Next as I now now that his comments about customer service are completely hollow.  Save the cost of postage and please don't send me any more ridiculous letters like that again.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Your post count shows "1". Did you have a different user name? 

You said your case was assigned. Did you receiving a phone call yet? 

If it's been a couple of days since you received the notification that you were assigned a rep and you haven't heard anything, let us know and we'll make sure to help get you in touch with the right person.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Lack of response - Typical of AT&T??

Hello, dsolar!

Thanks for your post. I just wanted to let you know that we have received your private message, and someone will be contacting you as soon as possible.

As for the terms "Visitor," "Observer," and "Ambassador," these are just ranks that are automatically generated by the system as a user begins to participate on the forums. For more information about our rank structure, click on the link below.

Rank Structure

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support