Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 1, 2014
5:46:57 PM
View profile
LTE International Roaming on Grandfathered International Unlimited Data

I am on the grandfathered AT&T international unlimited data roaming plan. Do we get LTE when we roaming on the countries where AT&T have LTE roaming agreements?

I am on the grandfathered AT&T international unlimited data roaming plan. Do we get LTE when we roaming on the countries where AT&T have LTE roaming agreements?

LTE International Roaming on Grandfathered International Unlimited Data

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 12:30:12 PM
(0)
Expert

daryl.kl wrote:

Depends on where you travel, the US utilizes a different LTE Band

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

daryl.kl wrote:

Re: LTE International Roaming on Grandfathered International Unlimited Data

2 of 10 (501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2014 1:30:13 PM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

daryl.kl wrote:

I don't think that matters as long as ATT has an LTE roaming agreement and the phone supports whatever LTE band the roaming partner uses. 

wingrider01 wrote:

daryl.kl wrote:

I don't think that matters as long as ATT has an LTE roaming agreement and the phone supports whatever LTE band the roaming partner uses. 

3 of 10 (495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2014 11:47:47 AM
(0)
Expert
Edited by wingrider01 on Mar 3, 2014 at 11:50:07 AM

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

daryl.kl wrote:

As you said - only if the phone supports the LTE band, for example only a phone designated as a "world phone" sold in the US will most likely have the transsciever that supports the bands used in Europe and and paneurasian countries, the iphone 5 only supports bands 1,3,5 which will work in some countries overseas, begining with the 5S/C apple added more LTE bands to the support list depends on the model number you have. Plus when myself and my family was on vacation the daughters iphone 5 did not work in some of the countries that we where in

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

daryl.kl wrote:

As you said - only if the phone supports the LTE band, for example only a phone designated as a "world phone" sold in the US will most likely have the transsciever that supports the bands used in Europe and and paneurasian countries, the iphone 5 only supports bands 1,3,5 which will work in some countries overseas, begining with the 5S/C apple added more LTE bands to the support list depends on the model number you have. Plus when myself and my family was on vacation the daughters iphone 5 did not work in some of the countries that we where in

[ Edited ]
4 of 10 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 5:51:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

I am aware of the different LTE bands. It doesn't work. I have tried it in two countries in Asia. In both countries, I selected manually the AT&T LTE roaming partner and I tried it using two S4s, one is AT&T S4 and the other is an international unlock S4 bought in the country where I am roaming, which is compatabile with the local LTE band. I was also in LTE coverage area.

I am aware of the different LTE bands. It doesn't work. I have tried it in two countries in Asia. In both countries, I selected manually the AT&T LTE roaming partner and I tried it using two S4s, one is AT&T S4 and the other is an international unlock S4 bought in the country where I am roaming, which is compatabile with the local LTE band. I was also in LTE coverage area.

5 of 10 (414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 7:36:28 AM
(0)
Former Employee

daryl.kl wrote:

Has your grandfathered AT&T international unlimited data roaming plan been provisioned to allow LTE? Even with the domestic grandfathered unlimited plan, you had to have AT&T change it to the LTE equivilent plan in order to get LTE service, it wasn't automatic.

daryl.kl wrote:

Has your grandfathered AT&T international unlimited data roaming plan been provisioned to allow LTE? Even with the domestic grandfathered unlimited plan, you had to have AT&T change it to the LTE equivilent plan in order to get LTE service, it wasn't automatic.

6 of 10 (408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 8:28:07 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just called up AT&T international customer service and both customer service person told me there is no LTE international provision required. All they need to do is just activate international roaming, which I already have. I actually called twice and spoke to two different person and they told me the same thing.

I just called up AT&T international customer service and both customer service person told me there is no LTE international provision required. All they need to do is just activate international roaming, which I already have. I actually called twice and spoke to two different person and they told me the same thing.

7 of 10 (404 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 4:23:16 PM
(0)
Expert

daryl.kl wrote:

the only 2 telecoms that are lte enabled in China are China Mobile which came online in Decemeber 2013, and China Telecom which came online Febuary 2014, both utilize Band 41

daryl.kl wrote:

the only 2 telecoms that are lte enabled in China are China Mobile which came online in Decemeber 2013, and China Telecom which came online Febuary 2014, both utilize Band 41

8 of 10 (388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2014 1:50:52 PM
(0)
Mentor

I just returned from Japan and was able to roam on Softbank's and NTT Docomo's LTE networks with my Nexus 5.

I just returned from Japan and was able to roam on Softbank's and NTT Docomo's LTE networks with my Nexus 5.

9 of 10 (300 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 6:01:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

Are you on the grandfathered international unlimited data plan?

Are you on the grandfathered international unlimited data plan?

10 of 10 (252 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments