LTE Detroit

Teacher

LTE Detroit

Anyone have any idea when LTE will come to Detroit? In December, AT&T store said Q1 and obviously that didn't happen.
Message 1 of 68 (5,856 Views)
Teacher

Re: LTE Detroit

I have not had LTE for the last two weeks or so.  I assume it was on for a few weeks of data gathering and testing.  Aside from of course being faster, another nice thing was the virtual instant data connection when activated.  I toggle data and there was no 3-10 second wait for it to turn on/off. 

Message 46 of 68 (1,318 Views)
Teacher

I'm hearing rumors LTE will launch in Detroit on 9/19, anyone else hearing this?

Message 47 of 68 (1,289 Views)
Teacher

Just turned off my Wifi as of 8:30 and I got the 4G on my phone where I usualy get H or H+ , and I checked my Mobile Type says LTE:13!!! Woot for LTE!

Message 48 of 68 (1,282 Views)
Highlighted
Master

That's cool. Smiley Happy

Let's hope that the signal stays strong and consistent, though...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 49 of 68 (1,265 Views)
Scholar

@eatonjb

What area are you in?
Message 50 of 68 (1,261 Views)
Teacher

I'm in Ferndale, 696 and 75 area, but its flaky, off and on H to LTE

Message 51 of 68 (1,239 Views)
Scholar

Thanks for the info.  Hope they turn it on SOON!!  Tomorrow would be nice for sure.

Message 52 of 68 (1,236 Views)
Teacher

Yeah, mine wis back on this morning and this time for about 6 miles west into Taylor and Romulus area.  Either they expanded testing or its live.

Oh and BTW, I pulled 50 megs on a speedtest...WOW 

Message 53 of 68 (1,212 Views)

Message 54 of 68 (1,210 Views)
Scholar

Thats great news!!!! Nothing here in the Romeo area yet. Probably won't launch this far north until an expansion later.
Message 55 of 68 (1,202 Views)
Former Community Manager

It's true! AT&T has launched 4G LTE in Detroit, MI; Honolulu, HI; Seattle, WA; Pittsburgh, PA and Portland, OR continuing its nationwide 4G LTE rollout.

Here's an infographic with some helpful info: http://www.att.com/Common/about_us/pdf/4g_evolution_infographic.pdf

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 56 of 68 (1,193 Views)

I don't have an LTE device as of yet so I can't confirm first hand.
Message 57 of 68 (1,157 Views)
Scholar

It says on the AT&T press release  "AT&T* has turned on its 4G LTE network in Metro Detroit, bringing customers in Macomb, Oakland,  Washtenaw and Wayne counties the latest generation of wireless network  technology" Really??? The coverage stops at 26 Mile Rd leaving 15 miles of northern Macomb without LTE coverage!!! Oh well, I guess we will get it next year some time !!!!Smiley Mad

Message 58 of 68 (1,152 Views)

Soooo how's the LTE?
Message 59 of 68 (973 Views)
Scholar

@Zachhockey2
The LTE in Shelby Township, a northern suburb of Detroit, is OK. I have ran several speedtests and it has ran as high as 50Mb/s down and 21 up but noticed my phone toggles from 4G LTE to 4G and the speeds are inconsistant which to me indicates that all of the towers may not have been turned on yet. I don't have coverage at my house yet and am puzzled as to why not because all the towers from current LTE coverage area up to Imlay City are on fiber and have new equipment installed. Anyway it is here and will only get better.
Message 60 of 68 (930 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support