Ask a question

Posted Apr 17, 2012
    3:55:20 PM
    LTE Detroit
    Anyone have any idea when LTE will come to Detroit? In December, AT&T store said Q1 and obviously that didn't happen.

LTE Detroit

67 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (67)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 17, 2012 4:48:42 PM
    (0)
    Mentor
    I don't know why they told you that;they have no access to that information

Re: LTE Detroit

2 of 68 (5,551 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 18, 2012 4:34:04 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

i bet u was buying a 4g LTE Phone at the time at&t told you that!

I think AT&T, Verizon, Sprint And T-Mobile Are Crooks...

like why do we pay a separate price for voice, data and text messages when its all Digital?

Remember back 10 years ago when most people cell phone bill was $40 plus Tax? now we pay about $90 plus tax!

i pay $170 for 2 Phones on at&t and i still dont have LTE(in Detroit) i was told by a at&t sales person when i bought my samsung galaxy sII Skyrocket back in novenber of 2011 that it would get android 4.0 update the first of the year and LTE would be coming to detroit in the 1Q.  Well its the mid of july and no LTE but we did just get Android 4.0

3 of 68 (4,781 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 18, 2012 4:45:50 PM
    (0)
    Master

I am on the west side of Michigan and the network here has been sporadic lately. That is usually a sign that the LTE network is being tweaked based on posts from others from markets before LTE was live.  I would bet the LTE is coming in the next few weeks?

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 68 (4,780 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 23, 2012 10:21:09 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Now that you mention it, I was in northern michigan this weekend and the network was a bit buggy. However, I don't believe that LTE will be up there anytime soon, but I think your theory is a good one and hopefully metro Detroit where I live will get it soon. Before the iPhone 5 is launched I would hope/think

5 of 68 (4,699 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 24, 2012 6:50:56 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

Try coming to the U.P.  We don't even have 3G yet.  But when I bought my new OneX, the friendly folks at ATT told me that "3G is coming by the end of July".  I will take bets now to see if there is a 3G icon on my device on August 1.

But we have no recourse.  We are tied into two year agreements and can't do a thing about it.

6 of 68 (4,690 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 28, 2012 6:26:54 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

Had the LTE icon for about an hour yesterday.  Did a speedtest at 5:00 pm and got 12 down and 12 up.  At that hour on 3g+ I would normally pull between 3-7 down and 1 up. 

So, not only is it right around the corner, but it seems it will be a vast improvement.

7 of 68 (4,586 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 28, 2012 7:24:32 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

That is great to hear, what area were you in?

8 of 68 (4,578 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2012 5:35:24 AM
    (0)
    Guru
    It should be by sep

9 of 68 (4,505 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2012 7:00:21 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Do you have any info which leads you to believe by Sep?

10 of 68 (4,497 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2012 10:55:38 AM
    (0)
    Guru
    A friend that works for AT&T and lives near that area. He said they are really striving to get it within the next few months. Of course, it could get delayed but it's def on the agenda

11 of 68 (4,483 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2012 11:27:43 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Thanks, that is great to know.  Can you keep us posted if you get any additional info?

12 of 68 (4,482 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2012 12:54:39 PM
    (0)
    Guru
    If I hear anything else I will post it here.

13 of 68 (4,476 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2012 10:52:56 AM
    (0)
    Former Community Manager

Please remember that though we are working diligently to provide LTE service across the nation, no release dates have been announced. You can keep an eye on this page (http://www.att.com/network/) for updates about LTE service. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

14 of 68 (4,436 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 31, 2012 3:53:29 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    I am on lte again as I type this. I am in Riverview southwest of Detroit.

15 of 68 (4,366 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 31, 2012 5:00:33 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I wonder if they are testing an LTE panel by you?   How long did you have LTE?

16 of 68 (4,361 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 2, 2012 10:54:00 PM
    (0)
    Guru
    If you guys want to map out the network, you can use an app called Sensorly. It maps out 3g, LTE to their website so you can see it online within 24 hours.

17 of 68 (4,278 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 3, 2012 4:26:26 AM
    (0)
    Teacher
    They must be. Two miles from my house in either direction I lost it. I had it for about 36 hrs this last time.

18 of 68 (4,266 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 7, 2012 4:54:00 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

I still have LTE and now average 25 down and 8 up. 

19 of 68 (4,108 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 7, 2012 5:49:58 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

That's great, can you travel any further this time and still keep LTE?

20 of 68 (4,100 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 14, 2012 8:58:20 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    This is what AT&T does...they turn on LTE in patches. They just started the testing in Milwaukee at Miller Park and the airport. I tried it out today and even with a weak signal I still pulled 15 down and 11 up. We gotta just be patient it's coming!

21 of 68 (3,900 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 20, 2012 4:11:45 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

anyone get the LTE on their phone yet, and if so where.  so far, nothing just H

22 of 68 (3,726 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 26, 2012 2:54:36 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Do hurry. I have your HTC Titan II and it only performs properly under LTE.  Under 4G, it won't maintain cellular data connection for more than a few minutes. I'm in Tampa, now (an LTE area) and it runs flawlessly. In Detroit, I have to reboot the phone constantly. 

23 of 68 (3,550 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 31, 2012 6:04:38 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 31, 2012 at 7:28:25 PM

I live in northern Macomb County and nothing here yet either. One thing I have noticed is the fact I used to average 4-9Mb/s and for the last few weeks I am getting under 3 all the time now even after reboots. With my old HTC Inspire I could lock the phone in either EDGE or WCDMA. Since I have upgraded to the HTC Vivid, I can no longer lock the phone into a specific band such as LTE only. Wake up AT&T......Verizon is kicking

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
    24 of 68 (3,376 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 31, 2012 6:14:45 PM
    (0)
    Scholar
    @eatonjb: Your phone says H? What kind of phone do you have? If you have an HTC Inspire or an earlier 4G phone than yours might not be LTE capable.

25 of 68 (3,372 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Aug 31, 2012 9:52:08 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    I think he knows what is phone has. LTE better launch in Detroit when the new iPhone comes out. Fingers crossed that when Samsung sues apple for the iPhone supporting LTE they lose. Would suck to have LTE turned on after I buy the phone.

26 of 68 (3,353 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2012 7:04:05 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

@Zachhockey2

How do you know that? My brother in law had the HTC Inspire "4G" phone and thought it was LTE capable because it was advertised as 4G . AT&T has several models of "4G" phones that only support up to HSPA+. Just saying some people who have those phones might not know the difference. I bet the iphone5 will support LTE but will be released for AT&T,Verizon,and Sprint and from what I have been reading on several forums there will be a lot of people jumping ship and switching to Verizon which I think would be great. Great in the sense that maybe AT&T will bring back unlimited data to draw customers back. I am hoping for LTE by this fall as well and really hoping for network upgrades in northern Mi. EDGE SUCKS!

27 of 68 (3,325 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 1, 2012 9:54:55 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Network upgrades in northern Michigan would be very nice. I'm in Traverse City now, but occasionally go to Prudenville/Roscommon County on weekends. There is absolutely little to no signal at all in that area (mostly due to dense forest) and I feel like I'm wasting my service when I'm not able to use my phone as I'd like to.

On the bright side, I guess it is conserving battery life... Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
    *The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

28 of 68 (3,255 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 4, 2012 10:16:18 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

mine says H and H+ because I have a SIII with a CM Rom on it.  I was in Chicago this weekend, and 4G all day (love it, worked even with a huge crowd at the festivle)  can't wait for 4G in more places!

29 of 68 (3,126 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 4, 2012 8:42:46 PM
    (0)
    Master

Wild Banchi wrote:
    Network upgrades in northern Michigan would be very nice. I'm in Traverse City now, but occasionally go to Prudenville/Roscommon County on weekends. There is absolutely little to no signal at all in that area (mostly due to dense forest) and I feel like I'm wasting my service when I'm not able to use my phone as I'd like to.

On the bright side, I guess it is conserving battery life... Smiley Wink

Great areas.  The nothern service areas was actually bought by ATT a few years ago.  I forget who the carrier was but their coverage was pretty good compared to other carriers at the time.  Roscommon, if I recall correctly was not too dense relative to people.  I do recall having my signal come and go depending upon where I was on  the Forest Dunes course.  Very spotty....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

30 of 68 (3,100 Views)