LG Xpression sending text message to wrong number?

Highlighted

LG Xpression sending text message to wrong number?

[ Edited ]

Hello.  I have an LG Xpression that I have been finding is sending my text messages to my friend's home number, even though my contact's cell phone number is set as the default number.  I have synced my phone a few times with the online address book and deleted the contacts a few times to try and clear this problem.  It just started today.  However, even though I have her home number deleted from the phone, text messages are still being sent to the home number.  What can I do to fix this?

Message 1 of 3 (452 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: LG Xpression sending text message to wrong number?

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

Hello.  I have an LG Xpression that I have been finding is sending my text messages to my friend's home number, even though my contact's cell phone number is set as the default number.  I have synced my phone a few times with the online address book and deleted the contacts a few times to try and clear this problem.  It just started today.  However, even though I have her home number deleted from the phone, text messages are still being sent to the home number.  What can I do to fix this?

I'm not familiar with the messaging app on your phone but my suggestion is to not use your contact as the address. Type in the actual 10 digit phone number you want the text to go to. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: LG Xpression sending text message to wrong number?

Thanks for the information.  I actually figured out how to get it to send the texts to the correct number.

Message 3 of 3 (343 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.