Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2013
8:47:33 PM
LG Xpression Speaker Volume?

Hello.  I purchased an LG Xpression yesterday and while I really like the phone, I did notice one issue.  Whenever I activate the voice command feature, the volume on it is low.  Is there a way to fix this?  Also, is there a way to make the phone's touch screen vibrate when you touch the screen?  I had a Samsung Solstice 2 that used to do that, which I liked, because then I knew when I was touching the screen and pressing buttons and so forth.

Hello.  I purchased an LG Xpression yesterday and while I really like the phone, I did notice one issue.  Whenever I activate the voice command feature, the volume on it is low.  Is there a way to fix this?  Also, is there a way to make the phone's touch screen vibrate when you touch the screen?  I had a Samsung Solstice 2 that used to do that, which I liked, because then I knew when I was touching the screen and pressing buttons and so forth.

LG Xpression Speaker Volume?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:36:39 PM
(0)
Master
As far as voice commands go, try leaving your volume on full setting to see if that will make it louder. If your volume is up all they way and it still isn't very loud, then I guess just try to play around with the sound settings.

Also, it appears from a quick Google search, the LG Xpression is not equipped with haptic feedback, which is what your Solstice II had. Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

As far as voice commands go, try leaving your volume on full setting to see if that will make it louder. If your volume is up all they way and it still isn't very loud, then I guess just try to play around with the sound settings.

Also, it appears from a quick Google search, the LG Xpression is not equipped with haptic feedback, which is what your Solstice II had. Smiley Indifferent

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: LG Xpression Speaker Volume?

2 of 5 (562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:41:26 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the suggestion and the information about my phone.  I am still getting accustomed to this device.  I really like it so far.  I have gotten used to not having the haptic feedback.  My iPod Touch does the same thing.  

I do have another question.  I was trying to add some ringtones I downloaded frpm a third party web site and it let me use some of them as ringtones while with others it did not.  It showed that they were on the phone and I could play them in the music player, but it won't let me set them as a ringtone.  Why is that?  I looked at the length of the song and they are all under 30 seconds.  Do you happen to know what the file size limit for the LG Xpression is?

Thanks for the suggestion and the information about my phone.  I am still getting accustomed to this device.  I really like it so far.  I have gotten used to not having the haptic feedback.  My iPod Touch does the same thing.  

I do have another question.  I was trying to add some ringtones I downloaded frpm a third party web site and it let me use some of them as ringtones while with others it did not.  It showed that they were on the phone and I could play them in the music player, but it won't let me set them as a ringtone.  Why is that?  I looked at the length of the song and they are all under 30 seconds.  Do you happen to know what the file size limit for the LG Xpression is?

3 of 5 (557 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 8:48:50 PM
(0)
Master
It looks like they have to be at maximum 300KB and under 30 seconds.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It looks like they have to be at maximum 300KB and under 30 seconds.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

4 of 5 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 7:28:38 AM
(0)
Scholar

Okay.  I was looking at some of the ones that would not play and the file size is too big.  Thanks for the info.

Okay.  I was looking at some of the ones that would not play and the file size is too big.  Thanks for the info.

5 of 5 (510 Views)