Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Dec 10, 2013
5:43:35 AM
View profile
LG G2 Back Ordered issues

So this is a run down of my issues with the LG G2 I ordered from the online store going on 10 days ago.

First off, I ordered the G2 with an Otterbox case. The website said absolutely nothing about any of it being out of stock, neither did the email. I was told the latest date it would ship would be Dec 3rd. I also paid for expedited shipping.

Upon calling on Nov 29th after my order status on the phone said "preparing to ship" I was told they didn’t have the phone. Ok, so the 3rd rolls around no phone. and she says the otterbox's (which up to this point where still "processing") were also out of stock. So last night I call to check the order again and still nothing, online order status remains the same. She says I can change my phone (why would I want to do that?). I could also change color. I could do that as one center shows them in stock and the other is out. Cool so let’s talk about that. I’m told if I do that It will default to the one that’s out of stock..... why, in the world, would it default to the place that doesn’t have them? She tells me it would go to the out of stock center, they would process it, send that order to the one that has them in stock and when the center that’s out of stock receives my phone then they would send it to me..... I’m neither an astronaut, an in-flight missile repair man nor even a logistical genius, but that sounds dumb.

So my options are to try this out? Hope it takes less than a week to get my phone or to wait and try and get the phone in the color and specs I wanted ordered and already paid for….. I’ve opted to wait. I love how I pay for all of this already but have nothing. This will more than likely be the last time I order online from here. If I have to pay more to walk into a store, fine, or maybe amazon will get my money, at least I know I’ll get my stuff.

Update: its now december 10th and not a single thing has came in stock, and im still stuck using my busted phone and paying my upgrade fee... without a doub the LAST time I order from ATnT online. I will pay the extra 40 bucks to get the phone in a store, that day..

So this is a run down of my issues with the LG G2 I ordered from the online store going on 10 days ago.

First off, I ordered the G2 with an Otterbox case. The website said absolutely nothing about any of it being out of stock, neither did the email. I was told the latest date it would ship would be Dec 3rd. I also paid for expedited shipping.

Upon calling on Nov 29th after my order status on the phone said "preparing to ship" I was told they didn’t have the phone. Ok, so the 3rd rolls around no phone. and she says the otterbox's (which up to this point where still "processing") were also out of stock. So last night I call to check the order again and still nothing, online order status remains the same. She says I can change my phone (why would I want to do that?). I could also change color. I could do that as one center shows them in stock and the other is out. Cool so let’s talk about that. I’m told if I do that It will default to the one that’s out of stock..... why, in the world, would it default to the place that doesn’t have them? She tells me it would go to the out of stock center, they would process it, send that order to the one that has them in stock and when the center that’s out of stock receives my phone then they would send it to me..... I’m neither an astronaut, an in-flight missile repair man nor even a logistical genius, but that sounds dumb.

So my options are to try this out? Hope it takes less than a week to get my phone or to wait and try and get the phone in the color and specs I wanted ordered and already paid for….. I’ve opted to wait. I love how I pay for all of this already but have nothing. This will more than likely be the last time I order online from here. If I have to pay more to walk into a store, fine, or maybe amazon will get my money, at least I know I’ll get my stuff.

Update: its now december 10th and not a single thing has came in stock, and im still stuck using my busted phone and paying my upgrade fee... without a doub the LAST time I order from ATnT online. I will pay the extra 40 bucks to get the phone in a store, that day..

LG G2 Back Ordered issues

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 1:00:14 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Misfit713!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues you've dealt with when ordering your phone. I know how frustrating it is not to receive an order in the expected timeframe. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can track down your order and see what we can do.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Misfit713!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about all the issues you've dealt with when ordering your phone. I know how frustrating it is not to receive an order in the expected timeframe. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can track down your order and see what we can do.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns! Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: LG G2 Back Ordered issues

2 of 4 (1,425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 1:00:55 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hello,

What happened with this? How long did it take to get your phone? I am having the same issue.

Hello,

What happened with this? How long did it take to get your phone? I am having the same issue.

3 of 4 (773 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 9:56:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

Same issue here. Ordered two G2's on the Next Plan on the 17th of January. The store told me on the 24th that the status was "in process" which meant they had shipped, but I didn't believe them and call Customer Care today to verify. They told me the G2 was on back order.

Because I was doing a Next Upgrade the date for my bill was rapidily approaching, and I didn't want to pay a monthly fee for two phones that I didn't have and weren't on their way, so I had to cancel the order.

The good news is that Customer Care was awesome and rolled everything back for me, even my 2 year renewal date, to what it was before I made the purchases. Which they would have, I'm just stoked I didn't have to argue with anyone about it. So kudos ATT.

Anyway, hopefully, they'll get some in stock this month!

Same issue here. Ordered two G2's on the Next Plan on the 17th of January. The store told me on the 24th that the status was "in process" which meant they had shipped, but I didn't believe them and call Customer Care today to verify. They told me the G2 was on back order.

Because I was doing a Next Upgrade the date for my bill was rapidily approaching, and I didn't want to pay a monthly fee for two phones that I didn't have and weren't on their way, so I had to cancel the order.

The good news is that Customer Care was awesome and rolled everything back for me, even my 2 year renewal date, to what it was before I made the purchases. Which they would have, I'm just stoked I didn't have to argue with anyone about it. So kudos ATT.

Anyway, hopefully, they'll get some in stock this month!

4 of 4 (715 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments