Posted Jan 8, 2014
4:53:59 PM
View profile
Just Filed a Complaint about AT&T with the FCC......

so i called AT&T several times complaining I had a very weak signal and frequently no signal at all. They offered me that Wifi box thing that boosts your signal via Wifi, which I refused because my wifi goes out sporadically every now and then. They then said, they will not let me cancel my service without charging me $1400 (I have 4 smartphones). I offered them the phones back and they still said no. I asked them to send someone out to my house to verify that I REALLY am not able to make call from most places in my house, and they refused. Ms/Mrs Gabriel from Escalations finally came on after I asked to speak to a Manager and said that AT&T does not guarantee any SERVICE in ANY house, and that I should read the FCC's website about it. My wife had an emergency about 10 days ago and my mom was unable to call 911 from her phone. Luckily someone was able to drive her to the ER. This is absolutely unacceptable. I will NEVER EVER EVER use ATT again... and i've used them for 20 years +. They dont care about YOU. They only care about their money, and they proved it. Anyhoo, I just filed a complaint with the FCC about their behavior and unwillingness to fix this issue.

so i called AT&T several times complaining I had a very weak signal and frequently no signal at all. They offered me that Wifi box thing that boosts your signal via Wifi, which I refused because my wifi goes out sporadically every now and then. They then said, they will not let me cancel my service without charging me $1400 (I have 4 smartphones). I offered them the phones back and they still said no. I asked them to send someone out to my house to verify that I REALLY am not able to make call from most places in my house, and they refused. Ms/Mrs Gabriel from Escalations finally came on after I asked to speak to a Manager and said that AT&T does not guarantee any SERVICE in ANY house, and that I should read the FCC's website about it. My wife had an emergency about 10 days ago and my mom was unable to call 911 from her phone. Luckily someone was able to drive her to the ER. This is absolutely unacceptable. I will NEVER EVER EVER use ATT again... and i've used them for 20 years +. They dont care about YOU. They only care about their money, and they proved it. Anyhoo, I just filed a complaint with the FCC about their behavior and unwillingness to fix this issue.

Just Filed a Complaint about AT&T with the FCC......

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 8, 2014 5:39:31 PM
(0)
Employee

The FCC manages radio and satellite. They provide AT&T with what bands of signal they're allowed to use. They are strictly federal rule enforcers.

A complaint like what you're suggesting would be better aimed at the BBB.

AT&T gives you discount on the phones, up to $450 in the beginning for smartphones each. The etf is just them trying to get back what you the difference for what they paid.

Sell your phones, I bet that'll cover most of it

-Alex

The FCC manages radio and satellite. They provide AT&T with what bands of signal they're allowed to use. They are strictly federal rule enforcers.

A complaint like what you're suggesting would be better aimed at the BBB.

AT&T gives you discount on the phones, up to $450 in the beginning for smartphones each. The etf is just them trying to get back what you the difference for what they paid.

Sell your phones, I bet that'll cover most of it

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Just Filed a Complaint about AT&T with the FCC......

2 of 6 (623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 3:28:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

imranmed wrote:

No wireless provider promises 100% coverage, especially inside buildings. It sounds like AT&T tried to help, but you refused their offer of a signal booster. 

If you want to switch, you may, but the ETF is still your responsibility. 

Personally, I'd recommend a landline, especially for emergencies!

imranmed wrote:

No wireless provider promises 100% coverage, especially inside buildings. It sounds like AT&T tried to help, but you refused their offer of a signal booster. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (554 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 6:10:45 AM
(0)
Employee

MicCheck wrote:

imranmed wrote:

Exactly, that is just the nature of wireless communication technology. I live less than a mile from a tower and when I step outside I get 4 bars, yet inside my house I'm lucky to get 1 bar. Chances are the OP won't have any better results in their house with any other carrier.

MicCheck wrote:

imranmed wrote:

Exactly, that is just the nature of wireless communication technology. I live less than a mile from a tower and when I step outside I get 4 bars, yet inside my house I'm lucky to get 1 bar. Chances are the OP won't have any better results in their house with any other carrier.

4 of 6 (534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 6:52:53 AM
(0)
Contributor

Didn't you have 2 weeks to check to make sure you have signal in your house?  A lot of people don't seem to realize that various building materials in your house (radiant barrier, old stucco wire, etc) impede different carriers signals differently.  It still doesn't take away the fact that you had 2 weeks to test the phone.  

Didn't you have 2 weeks to check to make sure you have signal in your house?  A lot of people don't seem to realize that various building materials in your house (radiant barrier, old stucco wire, etc) impede different carriers signals differently.  It still doesn't take away the fact that you had 2 weeks to test the phone.  

5 of 6 (527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2014 2:27:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

I agree, experiencing the very same thing in Texas with Att. I have been patient with them and nothing has worked. Last week they had a quality Assurance person from Iowa call me to see if i would be interested in purchasing a MicroCell tower to help boost my signal which uses my internet, which I pay for separate. The cost of this Micro Cell tower they said would be 199.00. My question is this. If I already pay Att 263.00 per month for 3 lines, which equals $3,156.00 per year why would I have need to purchase a Micro Cell tower that runs off my separate internet (that I also pay for separately) to run the tower? It will be using my bandwidth that I am capped on to make calls etc. So essentially I am paying 263.00 per month for my 3 phones, 64.90 a month for my internet, 199.00 for the cost of the Micro tower, and ATT is piggybacking off my internet service (which has a cap on it each month) and yet we are still expected to make payment in full to ATT. This is beyond my comprehension somehow. We never had problems until Sept 2013. I began calling ATT at that time and was first told it was MY phone, so I went out and puchased a new phone. Still did not work, all the techs told me it was still my phone (even though they knw I purchased a brand new phone from ATT store.. Finally in Nov 2013 they told me flat out it was the tower I was connecting to, and it needed to be upgraded and repaired. Okay fine, I understand this, thing happen, but then I was told that it was not even scheduled to get worked on until Jan 2104. They first took 30.00 off my bill for non service back in sept and I let it completely slide in Oct because by then I was upset. The problem worsened, could only call 911,None of the 10 GB internet pkg I pay for monthly could be used....called Nov. they took off 100.00, called in Dec 2013 they took off 150.00 and said the scheduled upgrade of this particular tower had been move up to Feb-March of 2014. Jan 4th quality Assuance from Iowa called me to discuss the problem. What they told me was this...The rep I was speaking to had NO right to tell me anything about upgrading towers or that it even was the towers that were the issue. I told the lady then, so I guess it's okay for Att to blatently lie to me about why I am not getting what I pay for on time each month? She asked me to check to see what my caped limit was with my internet provider on Jan 6th and was to call me back on Jan 6th to find out what my internet provider had said. By the way i made a trip to my internet provider and this is what they had to say. We do not recommend you using the mirco tower with our services, and why would ATT not provide you with the services you actually pay for each month rather then using a tower to connect via the internet which you pay for separately for to be able to make calls using ATT service? It made no sense to them at all. So I waited for my call back from quality assurance from Iowa on jan 6th....That call never did come but on Jan 7th I recieved a Micro Cell tower via mail with a ticket on it NO charge for the tower. Now keep in mind this is a tower they ASKED me to purchase just 2 days prior for 199.00 and now all of a sudden it's free? How many ppl have actually purchased these towers not understanding how they work or that in reality ATT is using your internet service to make Voip calls from what i understand? Why can't Att be truthful with us and expect us to ay bills in full each month if we are not getting the service we actually pay for? I have had ATT as a ling distance service in other states I lived in and they were awesome but ATT for some using cellphones is a horrendous experience. Please just give us what we pay for, that is all your loyal customers are asking for, and after all would you not be upset if you had to walk blocks and blocks away from your own home just to make a call, or get reception (we do not own a car and my husband is elderly) This is not a case of anything within our home affecting our service as one of the ATT reps saw fit to be honest with us (or let it slip) one of the two and tell us what the real problem was in Nov. The service prior to Sept 2013 was fairly good now it is just like throwing 263.00 each month into the waste basket and this is a very hard thing to do when your surviving on your retirement bebefits through Social Security. What happens when i lose my internet service after I get my first Obama care insurance bill (I have just signed up for this) and have to cancel my internet service just to have health care which is no doubt going to happen? The mirco tower will be useless to me without internet service, then what? 

I agree, experiencing the very same thing in Texas with Att. I have been patient with them and nothing has worked. Last week they had a quality Assurance person from Iowa call me to see if i would be interested in purchasing a MicroCell tower to help boost my signal which uses my internet, which I pay for separate. The cost of this Micro Cell tower they said would be 199.00. My question is this. If I already pay Att 263.00 per month for 3 lines, which equals $3,156.00 per year why would I have need to purchase a Micro Cell tower that runs off my separate internet (that I also pay for separately) to run the tower? It will be using my bandwidth that I am capped on to make calls etc. So essentially I am paying 263.00 per month for my 3 phones, 64.90 a month for my internet, 199.00 for the cost of the Micro tower, and ATT is piggybacking off my internet service (which has a cap on it each month) and yet we are still expected to make payment in full to ATT. This is beyond my comprehension somehow. We never had problems until Sept 2013. I began calling ATT at that time and was first told it was MY phone, so I went out and puchased a new phone. Still did not work, all the techs told me it was still my phone (even though they knw I purchased a brand new phone from ATT store.. Finally in Nov 2013 they told me flat out it was the tower I was connecting to, and it needed to be upgraded and repaired. Okay fine, I understand this, thing happen, but then I was told that it was not even scheduled to get worked on until Jan 2104. They first took 30.00 off my bill for non service back in sept and I let it completely slide in Oct because by then I was upset. The problem worsened, could only call 911,None of the 10 GB internet pkg I pay for monthly could be used....called Nov. they took off 100.00, called in Dec 2013 they took off 150.00 and said the scheduled upgrade of this particular tower had been move up to Feb-March of 2014. Jan 4th quality Assuance from Iowa called me to discuss the problem. What they told me was this...The rep I was speaking to had NO right to tell me anything about upgrading towers or that it even was the towers that were the issue. I told the lady then, so I guess it's okay for Att to blatently lie to me about why I am not getting what I pay for on time each month? She asked me to check to see what my caped limit was with my internet provider on Jan 6th and was to call me back on Jan 6th to find out what my internet provider had said. By the way i made a trip to my internet provider and this is what they had to say. We do not recommend you using the mirco tower with our services, and why would ATT not provide you with the services you actually pay for each month rather then using a tower to connect via the internet which you pay for separately for to be able to make calls using ATT service? It made no sense to them at all. So I waited for my call back from quality assurance from Iowa on jan 6th....That call never did come but on Jan 7th I recieved a Micro Cell tower via mail with a ticket on it NO charge for the tower. Now keep in mind this is a tower they ASKED me to purchase just 2 days prior for 199.00 and now all of a sudden it's free? How many ppl have actually purchased these towers not understanding how they work or that in reality ATT is using your internet service to make Voip calls from what i understand? Why can't Att be truthful with us and expect us to ay bills in full each month if we are not getting the service we actually pay for? I have had ATT as a ling distance service in other states I lived in and they were awesome but ATT for some using cellphones is a horrendous experience. Please just give us what we pay for, that is all your loyal customers are asking for, and after all would you not be upset if you had to walk blocks and blocks away from your own home just to make a call, or get reception (we do not own a car and my husband is elderly) This is not a case of anything within our home affecting our service as one of the ATT reps saw fit to be honest with us (or let it slip) one of the two and tell us what the real problem was in Nov. The service prior to Sept 2013 was fairly good now it is just like throwing 263.00 each month into the waste basket and this is a very hard thing to do when your surviving on your retirement bebefits through Social Security. What happens when i lose my internet service after I get my first Obama care insurance bill (I have just signed up for this) and have to cancel my internet service just to have health care which is no doubt going to happen? The mirco tower will be useless to me without internet service, then what? 

6 of 6 (494 Views)