Itunes AirPlay Problem

Scholar

Itunes AirPlay Problem

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!

Message 1 of 9 (1,067 Views)
Expert

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem


E the P wrote:

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!


Probably be better off asking over here

 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions

Message 2 of 9 (1,029 Views)
Scholar

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem


wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!


Probably be better off asking over here

 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions


I would, but I never get answers there.  This group is much more responsive.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9 (989 Views)
Expert

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem

[ Edited ]

E the P wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!


Probably be better off asking over here

 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions


I would, but I never get answers there.  This group is much more responsive.  Smiley Happy


hopefully someone that is familar with it will answer, never used it, only use Itunes to add apps and backup the phone, not thrilled with apples drm restrictions. Also have not messed with IE11 yet, will wait a couple of months

Message 4 of 9 (976 Views)
Master

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem

Google found this thread on Apple's discussions with many saying it worked for them.

 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5345005

_____________________

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 9 (960 Views)
Scholar

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem


youngjm wrote:

Google found this thread on Apple's discussions with many saying it worked for them.

 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5345005


Thanks I'll give it a try.

Message 6 of 9 (936 Views)
Master

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem


wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!


Probably be better off asking over here

 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions


I would, but I never get answers there.  This group is much more responsive.  Smiley Happy


hopefully someone that is familar with it will answer, never used it, only use Itunes to add apps and backup the phone, not thrilled with apples drm restrictions. Also have not messed with IE11 yet, will wait a couple of months


Apple has not used DRM since the introduction of iTunes Plus around 2009 I believe.

Message 7 of 9 (892 Views)
Expert

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem

[ Edited ]

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

E the P wrote:

I've got a strange one.  The airplay icon doesn't appear in iTunes on my desktop computer (Windows 7).  What's odd is that it appears for everywhere else, iPad, iphone.... It even appears in Itunes on the other accounts on the same computer.  The only lead I have is that I upgraded to IE11, where no one else on this machine did.  Any thoughts?

 


Thanks!!


Probably be better off asking over here

 

https://discussions.apple.com/community/itunes/itunes_for_windows?view=discussions


I would, but I never get answers there.  This group is much more responsive.  Smiley Happy


hopefully someone that is familar with it will answer, never used it, only use Itunes to add apps and backup the phone, not thrilled with apples drm restrictions. Also have not messed with IE11 yet, will wait a couple of months


Apple has not used DRM since the introduction of iTunes Plus around 2009 I believe.


if you say so, the only had 80 percent drm free in 2009. Never heard anything after that. still prefer MP3 format for the songs that I buy

Message 8 of 9 (868 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: Itunes AirPlay Problem


wingrider01 wrote:

if you say so, the only had 80 percent drm free in 2009. Never heard anything after that. still prefer MP3 format for the songs that I buy

Same here, I also prefer mp3 but that doesn't stop me from buying music from itunes since it is simple to convert to mp3. In fact a decent aac to mp3 encoder is built right into itunes.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 9 (862 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.