Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 11, 2014
2:34:20 PM
View profile
It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

I talked with a service rep over the phone about porting in two numbers from other providers to get $100 credit for each line, but the rep said that the $100 credit only applies to lines with a new number! How could that make sense?

I talked with a service rep over the phone about porting in two numbers from other providers to get $100 credit for each line, but the rep said that the $100 credit only applies to lines with a new number! How could that make sense?

It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 12:25:54 AM
(0)
Employee

I cannot find anything in the terms and conditions that states this, and as far as I know it applies to all new lines of service with att mobility including those ported from another company.  See full terms here

I cannot find anything in the terms and conditions that states this, and as far as I know it applies to all new lines of service with att mobility including those ported from another company.  See full terms here

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

2 of 3 (347 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 4:49:17 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by loganic on Mar 12, 2014 at 4:55:02 PM

I think I know why.

If you transfered a number from an existing AT&T account, that's not a new number, (to AT&T)

If you transfered a number from another company, that counts, if I understand correctly.

I agree with lunarrush, I think it should work. The thing is, it's automatic; it doesnt matter what the rep said, if it will apply, it will, if it's somehow not qualified, because it's a gophone, for example, then it automatically won't.

-Alex

I think I know why.

If you transfered a number from an existing AT&T account, that's not a new number, (to AT&T)

If you transfered a number from another company, that counts, if I understand correctly.

I agree with lunarrush, I think it should work. The thing is, it's automatic; it doesnt matter what the rep said, if it will apply, it will, if it's somehow not qualified, because it's a gophone, for example, then it automatically won't.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

[ Edited ]
3 of 3 (313 Views)