It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

Contributor

It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

I talked with a service rep over the phone about porting in two numbers from other providers to get $100 credit for each line, but the rep said that the $100 credit only applies to lines with a new number! How could that make sense?

Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

I cannot find anything in the terms and conditions that states this, and as far as I know it applies to all new lines of service with att mobility including those ported from another company.  See full terms here

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: It is awkward that port in a number does not qualify for the $100 credit

I think I know why.

If you transfered a number from an existing AT&T account, that's not a new number, (to AT&T)

If you transfered a number from another company, that counts, if I understand correctly.

I agree with lunarrush, I think it should work. The thing is, it's automatic; it doesnt matter what the rep said, if it will apply, it will, if it's somehow not qualified, because it's a gophone, for example, then it automatically won't.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support