Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 15, 2013
4:20:12 PM
View profile
Is there anyway I can use my current Smartphone with no data plan ?

Hi,

I think I have to buy a regular phone so I don't have to pay for a data plan, but I just want to make sure before I go out and buy another phone.

Basically, is there anyway I can use my current smartphone (Samsung Focus S) as a "Regular Phone" so I don't have to pay a montly data plan. Could I just turn of the data usage on the phone?

I hardly use my data plan, which is why I want to cancel it. I only use my phone under WiFi. 

Or no matter what, do you have to have a data plan for smart phones?

If I can just limit my smartphone to talk and text, i am ok with that too if that means no data plan fees. 

Hi,

I think I have to buy a regular phone so I don't have to pay for a data plan, but I just want to make sure before I go out and buy another phone.

Basically, is there anyway I can use my current smartphone (Samsung Focus S) as a "Regular Phone" so I don't have to pay a montly data plan. Could I just turn of the data usage on the phone?

I hardly use my data plan, which is why I want to cancel it. I only use my phone under WiFi. 

Or no matter what, do you have to have a data plan for smart phones?

If I can just limit my smartphone to talk and text, i am ok with that too if that means no data plan fees. 

Is there anyway I can use my current Smartphone with no data plan ?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 4:46:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Unfortunately, No, at least not on regular phone plans. It can only be done on the pay as you go plans.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
Unfortunately, No, at least not on regular phone plans. It can only be done on the pay as you go plans.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is there anyway I can use my current Smartphone with no data plan ?

2 of 3 (990 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2013 8:49:46 PM
(0)
Teacher

You can chat with someone online about your current plans. You can change your plan, possibly there is a better cheaper plan you could be on. They have a plan if you with unlimited text unlimited talk and 300mb of data. This is a plan called Mobile Share I actually have this plan because I have wifi at home, so I don't really use a lot of phone data it's $70 a month.

You can chat with someone online about your current plans. You can change your plan, possibly there is a better cheaper plan you could be on. They have a plan if you with unlimited text unlimited talk and 300mb of data. This is a plan called Mobile Share I actually have this plan because I have wifi at home, so I don't really use a lot of phone data it's $70 a month.

Re: Is there anyway I can use my current Smartphone with no data plan ?

3 of 3 (958 Views)