Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 24, 2013
1:09:06 PM
View profile
Is there an outage n my area?

I just finished typing my question, and had to go thru the hassle of creating a new login password, so here I am back typing the same question a second time. I don't have much hope of getting an answer. My wife's cell fone is not working. It shows "No network coverage" when trying to make a call. There are no bars in the upper right. There is a cell tower nearby, and we usually get good coverage. I  came to the att website to see if there is an outage in the area. Area code 06016. This information, if it is on this website is very well hidden. Is it possible to find it?

I just finished typing my question, and had to go thru the hassle of creating a new login password, so here I am back typing the same question a second time. I don't have much hope of getting an answer. My wife's cell fone is not working. It shows "No network coverage" when trying to make a call. There are no bars in the upper right. There is a cell tower nearby, and we usually get good coverage. I  came to the att website to see if there is an outage in the area. Area code 06016. This information, if it is on this website is very well hidden. Is it possible to find it?

Is there an outage n my area?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 24, 2013 1:56:34 PM
(0)
Expert

bob-m1211 wrote:

is your cell phone working? Is so then there is probably a problem with the phone, you can try powering it off and restarting the phone, if that does not work go to a corporate att store and have them swap the sim.

bob-m1211 wrote:

is your cell phone working? Is so then there is probably a problem with the phone, you can try powering it off and restarting the phone, if that does not work go to a corporate att store and have them swap the sim.

Re: Is there an outage n my area?

2 of 3 (969 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 6:01:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Removal and re-insertion of the battery and Sim card did fix the problem, BUT.. is

there an outage map available so I don't have to do that battery removal every time it goes dead?

Our local electricity supplier has a good outage map. Can't att  do the same?

Thanks for the reply. Removal and re-insertion of the battery and Sim card did fix the problem, BUT.. is

there an outage map available so I don't have to do that battery removal every time it goes dead?

Our local electricity supplier has a good outage map. Can't att  do the same?

Re: Is there an outage n my area?

3 of 3 (927 Views)