Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Tutor

Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Hi, I'm currently at t-mobile network right now and it's just a few days when I activated the unlimited 4g plan that they have and I have to be honest that their signal sucks. I am gonna try AT&T and see if its better. Smiley Happy So is there a data-only plan for a smartphone. I don't really text or call, I just use my phone for social networking, etc. And is it gonna work on an unlocked phone (Galaxy s4)? Ty in advance!
Message 1 of 12
ACE - Professor

Re: Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Hi there!

Would love to have you part of the AT&T family! I used to have Magenta before as well, and it wasn't up to par with me, at least indoors. Smiley Tongue

I'm afraid there isn't a data only plan for smartphones that I'm aware of, but maybe having this plan would suit your needs? It's the:

Nationwide 450 minute calling plan - $39.99
DataPro 3GB for Smartphone on 4G LTE - $30.00

Since you dont text, I wouldn't add the texting plan, but if you do want that added with unlimited mobile to any mobile, it's just $20 extra. Smiley Happy

So without a texting plan, it would be $69.99 monthly before taxes
With the texting plan if you choose to add it - $89.99/ monthly before taxes

I think the $69.99 is more of your liking, but there is an option if you wish to explore it!

Look forward to having you part of huge AT&T family! Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12
Employee

That's right, they do not have any Data-Only Plans for Smartphones. "All smarthpones require a Voice and Data Service. "

If you want to, AT&T's Next Plan will give you an option to purchase a Tablet through Monthly Plans. I would recommend, as a customer first, to get the new Galaxy Tablet on the next plan and the Mobile Share  4Gb data only plan.

I've Calculated approximately $55 a Month:

4Gb Data Plan = $30
Tablet on Next Plan = $15
Cost for Tablet on Data Plan = $10

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 12
Expert

dtsxonxchoppas wrote:

That's right, they do not have any Data-Only Plans for Smartphones. "All smarthpones require a Voice and Data Service. "

If you want to, AT&T's Next Plan will give you an option to purchase a Tablet through Monthly Plans. I would recommend, as a customer first, to get the new Galaxy Tablet on the next plan and the Mobile Share  4Gb data only plan.

I've Calculated approximately $55 a Month:

4Gb Data Plan = $30
Tablet on Next Plan = $15
Cost for Tablet on Data Plan = $10

this will not work, the first device is required to be a smartphone - that is documented on the mobile share plan requirements

Message 4 of 12
Professor

I wish that AT&T would offer data-only plans for smartphones at a price of $20/4GB of data with mobile hotspot included.  I guess that I will keep dreaming, though.

Message 5 of 12
Employee

Yes, for Mobile Share Unlimited Talk and Text. That's an option for Mobile Share Data-Only Devices. With AT&T Mobile Share - Data, you have a new way to share 4GB or more data just for tablets, laptops, gaming devices, mobile hotspots, netbooks, and more.

Note: Smartphones cannot be added to AT&T Mobile Share - Data plans.**

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 12
Tutor

But is there a cheaper calling plan?
Message 7 of 12
Expert

You can take a look here for plans..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 12
ACE - Professor

Unfortunately, there isn't a cheaper calling plan than the Nationwide 450 plan Smiley Sad But I hope that doesn't discourage you from choosing AT&T as a provider, the network really speaks for itself! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12
Master

Verizon isn't much cheaper...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 10 of 12
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ha! More likely it's more expensive unless they can work with the prepaid plans there.

Still not posting from a Nexus 4. 

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Master

Ann154 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ha! More likely it's more expensive unless they can work with the prepaid plans there.

Still not posting from a Nexus 4. 

Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 12 of 12
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support