Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Tutor

Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Hi, I'm currently at t-mobile network right now and it's just a few days when I activated the unlimited 4g plan that they have and I have to be honest that their signal sucks. I am gonna try AT&T and see if its better. Smiley Happy So is there a data-only plan for a smartphone. I don't really text or call, I just use my phone for social networking, etc. And is it gonna work on an unlocked phone (Galaxy s4)? Ty in advance!
Message 1 of 12 (2,314 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Is there a data-only plan for phones?

Hi there!

Would love to have you part of the AT&T family! I used to have Magenta before as well, and it wasn't up to par with me, at least indoors. Smiley Tongue

I'm afraid there isn't a data only plan for smartphones that I'm aware of, but maybe having this plan would suit your needs? It's the:

Nationwide 450 minute calling plan - $39.99
DataPro 3GB for Smartphone on 4G LTE - $30.00

Since you dont text, I wouldn't add the texting plan, but if you do want that added with unlimited mobile to any mobile, it's just $20 extra. Smiley Happy

So without a texting plan, it would be $69.99 monthly before taxes
With the texting plan if you choose to add it - $89.99/ monthly before taxes

I think the $69.99 is more of your liking, but there is an option if you wish to explore it!

Look forward to having you part of huge AT&T family! Smiley Very Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (2,263 Views)
Employee

That's right, they do not have any Data-Only Plans for Smartphones. "All smarthpones require a Voice and Data Service. "

If you want to, AT&T's Next Plan will give you an option to purchase a Tablet through Monthly Plans. I would recommend, as a customer first, to get the new Galaxy Tablet on the next plan and the Mobile Share  4Gb data only plan.

I've Calculated approximately $55 a Month:

4Gb Data Plan = $30
Tablet on Next Plan = $15
Cost for Tablet on Data Plan = $10

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 12 (2,239 Views)
Expert

dtsxonxchoppas wrote:

That's right, they do not have any Data-Only Plans for Smartphones. "All smarthpones require a Voice and Data Service. "

If you want to, AT&T's Next Plan will give you an option to purchase a Tablet through Monthly Plans. I would recommend, as a customer first, to get the new Galaxy Tablet on the next plan and the Mobile Share  4Gb data only plan.

I've Calculated approximately $55 a Month:

4Gb Data Plan = $30
Tablet on Next Plan = $15
Cost for Tablet on Data Plan = $10

this will not work, the first device is required to be a smartphone - that is documented on the mobile share plan requirements

Message 4 of 12 (2,222 Views)
Professor

I wish that AT&T would offer data-only plans for smartphones at a price of $20/4GB of data with mobile hotspot included.  I guess that I will keep dreaming, though.

Message 5 of 12 (2,214 Views)
Employee

Yes, for Mobile Share Unlimited Talk and Text. That's an option for Mobile Share Data-Only Devices. With AT&T Mobile Share - Data, you have a new way to share 4GB or more data just for tablets, laptops, gaming devices, mobile hotspots, netbooks, and more.

Note: Smartphones cannot be added to AT&T Mobile Share - Data plans.**

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 12 (2,212 Views)
Tutor

But is there a cheaper calling plan?
Message 7 of 12 (2,171 Views)
Expert

[ Edited ]

You can take a look here for plans..

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 8 of 12 (2,163 Views)
ACE - Professor

Unfortunately, there isn't a cheaper calling plan than the Nationwide 450 plan Smiley Sad But I hope that doesn't discourage you from choosing AT&T as a provider, the network really speaks for itself! Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12 (2,144 Views)
Highlighted
Master

Verizon isn't much cheaper...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 10 of 12 (2,093 Views)
Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ha! More likely it's more expensive unless they can work with the prepaid plans there.

Still not posting from a Nexus 4. 

Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 12 (2,017 Views)
Master

Ann154 wrote:

Wild Banchi wrote:

Ha! More likely it's more expensive unless they can work with the prepaid plans there.

Still not posting from a Nexus 4. 

Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 12 of 12 (1,997 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.