Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 12, 2013
7:15:58 AM
Is it possible to use prepaid SIM in a contract phone?

I have a contract phone....there is a balance due on it....I refuse to pay it....so I'm going to move on to prepaid BUT I want to keep my Galaxy 4 and not have to purchase a new one.....can I just buy a GoPhone SIM and put inside the phone and go OR does AT&T have a block on my actual phone due to the delinquency or do they just block the contract SIM itself? 

Has anyone ever tried to use a prepaid SIM in a delinquent contract phone? 

Is there a block on the actual phone itself or just the SIM? 

I have a contract phone....there is a balance due on it....I refuse to pay it....so I'm going to move on to prepaid BUT I want to keep my Galaxy 4 and not have to purchase a new one.....can I just buy a GoPhone SIM and put inside the phone and go OR does AT&T have a block on my actual phone due to the delinquency or do they just block the contract SIM itself? 

Has anyone ever tried to use a prepaid SIM in a delinquent contract phone? 

Is there a block on the actual phone itself or just the SIM? 

Is it possible to use prepaid SIM in a contract phone?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 11:26:14 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, armygyal!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a private message regarding the forum guidelines. You can review the community guidelines by clicking here. To check your private messages, simply click on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

As for the balance on your account, is it anything that we could help you with? Past due balances are typically sent to collections and could negatively impact your credit. If you would like to send us a private message with your information, we could get you in touch with our team of managers to see what can be done about your situation. To send the message, simply click here. Keep an eye on the envelope icon for a reply.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, armygyal!

I just wanted to let you know that I have sent you a private message regarding the forum guidelines. You can review the community guidelines by clicking here. To check your private messages, simply click on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

As for the balance on your account, is it anything that we could help you with? Past due balances are typically sent to collections and could negatively impact your credit. If you would like to send us a private message with your information, we could get you in touch with our team of managers to see what can be done about your situation. To send the message, simply click here. Keep an eye on the envelope icon for a reply.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Is it possible to use prepaid SIM in a contract phone?

2 of 3 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:49:36 PM
(0)
Master
You do have the option of purchasing a prepaid SIM and moving over to GoPhone. AT&T probably would not let you port your number, though, until you pay your bill... I would suggest paying your current bill first, or reasoning with AT&T if there is a problem.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You do have the option of purchasing a prepaid SIM and moving over to GoPhone. AT&T probably would not let you port your number, though, until you pay your bill... I would suggest paying your current bill first, or reasoning with AT&T if there is a problem.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Is it possible to use prepaid SIM in a contract phone?

3 of 3 (461 Views)