Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 3, 2013
10:48:53 AM
Is LTE available in Colorado?

Is LTE available in Colorado, in the Denver metro area?

Is LTE available in Colorado?

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2013 3:49:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
It looks like LTE has been rumored or already deployed in Boulder, CO, right outside of Denver.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/21/att-rolls-out-4g-lte-network-in-15-new-us-markets

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

It looks like LTE has been rumored or already deployed in Boulder, CO, right outside of Denver.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/21/att-rolls-out-4g-lte-network-in-15-new-us-markets

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Is LTE available in Colorado?

2 of 11 (2,590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2013 6:19:38 PM
(0)
Guru

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

IM REALLY happy I logged in tonight to see whats up with old at&t since I swtiched to Tmobile about a month ago.  I'll never come back, and its all about at&t and Colorado..

Do some searching on my sn and youll see how in depth I go into coverage, lte, hspa+ and speeds... Its almost insane.. Anywho, I was told LTE would be in CO "summer".. well that passed and it wasn't here.. Finally it was, but its VERY limited in denver. Although their coverage map shows VAST LTE coverage in Arvada, Boulder, Denver its really not. I got ZERO coverage LTE in Arvada and maybe 2 bars just west of Denver. Even when I did get it, I got 1mbps down... hspa I got around 6mbps..

So I complained.. got lied to some more and finally had enough and made the switch to tmobile.  AMAZING coverage, AMAZING call quality and NOT ONE DROPPED CALL YET! I can't rave enough about Tmobile.

I get anywhere from 10-20 mbps EVERY TIME. Nothing below 10mbps and around 1.5 - 2mbps up. Ping around 30-100. Im so happy with my Note 2.  I did put out for the true unlimtied plan. last month I used 10gb of data, no throttle, no complaingin from them, no contacts, no nothing. its amazing.

To answer your question, yes there is LTE in Colorado, but its VERY VERY limited.

callie.crk.kuczek wrote:

IM REALLY happy I logged in tonight to see whats up with old at&t since I swtiched to Tmobile about a month ago.  I'll never come back, and its all about at&t and Colorado..

Do some searching on my sn and youll see how in depth I go into coverage, lte, hspa+ and speeds... Its almost insane.. Anywho, I was told LTE would be in CO "summer".. well that passed and it wasn't here.. Finally it was, but its VERY limited in denver. Although their coverage map shows VAST LTE coverage in Arvada, Boulder, Denver its really not. I got ZERO coverage LTE in Arvada and maybe 2 bars just west of Denver. Even when I did get it, I got 1mbps down... hspa I got around 6mbps..

So I complained.. got lied to some more and finally had enough and made the switch to tmobile.  AMAZING coverage, AMAZING call quality and NOT ONE DROPPED CALL YET! I can't rave enough about Tmobile.

I get anywhere from 10-20 mbps EVERY TIME. Nothing below 10mbps and around 1.5 - 2mbps up. Ping around 30-100. Im so happy with my Note 2.  I did put out for the true unlimtied plan. last month I used 10gb of data, no throttle, no complaingin from them, no contacts, no nothing. its amazing.

To answer your question, yes there is LTE in Colorado, but its VERY VERY limited.

3 of 11 (2,522 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2013 8:02:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Sounds like T-Mobile suits you very well! Is the cost about the same per month?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (2,495 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2013 2:39:22 AM
(0)
Teacher
DO NOT GET AT&T IF YOU LIVE IN COLORADO!!

The city of Colorado Springs has NO LTE SERVICE!!!!! What an insult!! Colorado Springs has about 600,000 people and is HOME to the ONE AND ONLY AIR FORCE ACADEMY AND SPACE COMMAND! It is arguably the most "military city" in the whole nation and is home to well over a HALF MILLION civilians, military, and many Govt jobs who often get AT&T from their employer - yet AT&T does NOT CARE and still to this day has no LTE in Colorado springs. It's beyond shocking. It's INSULTING, actually. T-mobile gets faster speeds than AT&T in this city. It's a joke.

I have an LTE phone and its USELESS in Colorado and Colorado Springs. If AT&T doesn't get LTE here by summer I, and my business, including ALL MY EMPLOYEES which we have a contract with AT&T with - it will be broken by summer if AT&T doesn't have LTE by then, and we will switch to Verizon.

The city of Colorado Springs has NO LTE SERVICE!!!!! What an insult!! Colorado Springs has about 600,000 people and is HOME to the ONE AND ONLY AIR FORCE ACADEMY AND SPACE COMMAND! It is arguably the most "military city" in the whole nation and is home to well over a HALF MILLION civilians, military, and many Govt jobs who often get AT&T from their employer - yet AT&T does NOT CARE and still to this day has no LTE in Colorado springs. It's beyond shocking. It's INSULTING, actually. T-mobile gets faster speeds than AT&T in this city. It's a joke.

I have an LTE phone and its USELESS in Colorado and Colorado Springs. If AT&T doesn't get LTE here by summer I, and my business, including ALL MY EMPLOYEES which we have a contract with AT&T with - it will be broken by summer if AT&T doesn't have LTE by then, and we will switch to Verizon.

5 of 11 (2,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 15, 2013 7:06:28 AM
(0)
Guru
Sounds like lte in co is hit or miss. Hopefully att will do more to address the issues.
Sounds like lte in co is hit or miss. Hopefully att will do more to address the issues.

6 of 11 (2,403 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2013 4:57:10 PM
(0)
Guru

sorry for the LONG delay in responding. I was on a family plan with 4 lines total. I paid personally for my $30 data plus $20 for family text, plus the $10 to add a line. Right now on Tmobile for 100% UNTHROTTLED and TRUE Unlimited everything - its $97 I think, plus taxes. I think my average bill is $120 (but remember thats without having my new phone 100% paid off) they have this new scale pay where you pay a higher monthly bill if your phone isn't fully paid off. Its lower if you pay it off. Hope that makes sense. If I don't fully pay it off for 5 months, I got a $50 prepay card. So I'm just waiting till the 5 months are up then Ill pay it off, and it doesn't cost me anything more to do that.

Wild Banchi wrote:

sorry for the LONG delay in responding. I was on a family plan with 4 lines total. I paid personally for my $30 data plus $20 for family text, plus the $10 to add a line. Right now on Tmobile for 100% UNTHROTTLED and TRUE Unlimited everything - its $97 I think, plus taxes. I think my average bill is $120 (but remember thats without having my new phone 100% paid off) they have this new scale pay where you pay a higher monthly bill if your phone isn't fully paid off. Its lower if you pay it off. Hope that makes sense. If I don't fully pay it off for 5 months, I got a $50 prepay card. So I'm just waiting till the 5 months are up then Ill pay it off, and it doesn't cost me anything more to do that.

Wild Banchi wrote:

7 of 11 (2,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2013 4:58:12 PM
(0)
Guru

I haven't been down to the springs personally, but I've heard bad things about AT&T down there.

Josh177 wrote:

I haven't been down to the springs personally, but I've heard bad things about AT&T down there.

Josh177 wrote:

8 of 11 (2,339 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2013 9:43:44 AM
(0)
Contributor

Sometime during the wee hours of the night between May 29th and May 30th 2013:  Colorado Springs went to LTE at least near HWY 24 and Powers BLVD.  Tested the speed on the iPhone 5 and hit 20.68 down and 11.58 up.  All this because my wifi connection went out for awhile and I switched it over to download some e-mails!

Sometime during the wee hours of the night between May 29th and May 30th 2013:  Colorado Springs went to LTE at least near HWY 24 and Powers BLVD.  Tested the speed on the iPhone 5 and hit 20.68 down and 11.58 up.  All this because my wifi connection went out for awhile and I switched it over to download some e-mails!

9 of 11 (1,837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2013 11:05:28 AM
(0)
Contributor

Absolutely true, we do have LTE now in the Springs.  Seems to have decent coverage and good speeds.

Absolutely true, we do have LTE now in the Springs.  Seems to have decent coverage and good speeds.

10 of 11 (1,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 3:54:53 PM
(0)
Contributor
Just traveled from Colorado Springs to Boulder and had LTE coverage almost everywhere.
Just traveled from Colorado Springs to Boulder and had LTE coverage almost everywhere.

11 of 11 (1,178 Views)