Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 22, 2013
5:11:14 PM
Iphone5s upgrade lies and incompetence
Another day went by and more incompetence from AT&T.

Since Friday I have been trying to upgrade to 32GB gold. I have grandfather unlimited global data roaming on my account.

AT&T policy states that the data plan can be grandfather when I upgrade.

Ordering thru apple website does not allow me to keep the data plan. AT&T told me that in order not to screw up the data plan. I have to buy from AT&T website or their store.

Since Friday, every time I place an order for gold iPhone 5s. The order either become space gray or cancelled immediately. I called AT&T several time on Friday and sat. Each time the order would get cancelled and I would still get charged. I went thru this loop 8 times on Friday/Saturday.

Finally AT&T gave up and send me an email on sat asked me to go to the store.

Sunday
Went to store and waited for over 40min. Guess what, they can't even order upgrade unless they delete my old data plan. Even though policy states that I can keep my plan, the store told me that once deleted I can't get it back.

In other w

Since Friday I have been trying to upgrade to 32GB gold. I have grandfather unlimited global data roaming on my account.

Ordering thru apple website does not allow me to keep the data plan. AT&T told me that in order not to screw up the data plan. I have to buy from AT&T website or their store.

Since Friday, every time I place an order for gold iPhone 5s. The order either become space gray or cancelled immediately. I called AT&T several time on Friday and sat. Each time the order would get cancelled and I would still get charged. I went thru this loop 8 times on Friday/Saturday.

Sunday
Went to store and waited for over 40min. Guess what, they can't even order upgrade unless they delete my old data plan. Even though policy states that I can keep my plan, the store told me that once deleted I can't get it back.

In other w

Iphone5s upgrade lies and incompetence

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2013 6:11:45 PM
(0)
Expert

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

recently upgrade with no problem on retaining the unlimited plan, although the gold appears to be out of stock until late october at all locations. You can also upgrade by going to a Apple store. Make sure the store you went to was a corporate store and not a franchise

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

recently upgrade with no problem on retaining the unlimited plan, although the gold appears to be out of stock until late october at all locations. You can also upgrade by going to a Apple store. Make sure the store you went to was a corporate store and not a franchise

Re: Iphone5s upgrade lies and incompetence

2 of 4 (682 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 10:18:12 AM
(0)
Former Employee

wingrider01 wrote:

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

Unlimited data with global data roaming? I'm not sure that is the grandfathered plan that can be kept when upgrading. I have the unlimited plan and it does not have global data roaming, at least that I know of.

wingrider01 wrote:

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

Unlimited data with global data roaming? I'm not sure that is the grandfathered plan that can be kept when upgrading. I have the unlimited plan and it does not have global data roaming, at least that I know of.

3 of 4 (508 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2013 11:34:41 AM
(0)
Expert

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

missed the global, I thought that paln was sunsetted years ago.

sandblaster wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

Whycantivent wrote:

Sunday

In other w

missed the global, I thought that paln was sunsetted years ago.

4 of 4 (494 Views)