Iphone5s not connecting to microcell

Contributor

Iphone5s not connecting to microcell

3gmicrocell is connected to internet, gps and power, i have power cycled but my phone is still not

connected. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 7 (799 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Iphone5s not connecting to microcell

I'm not sure how you expect any ideas without providing enough information to have a place to start.

Specifically:

1.  Which indicator lights are on or off and are they steady green, flashing green or flashing red?  Indicator lights are in order: Power, Ethernet, GPS, Computer and 3G.

2.  How is your Mcell connected?  Modem > Router > Mcell or Modem > Mcell > Router?

3.  Is your Mcell new or used?

4.  Has your Mcell ever worked?

5.  Do you have cable or DSL?

I could ask more questions but lets start with those first. 

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (784 Views)
ACE - Master

Hard reset of the MicroCell and/or Reset Network Settings on the iPhone 5s. If it is a new iPhone, and the MicroCell worked before, then all you may need to do is have the new phone "register" to the MicroCell. But Avedis53 is correct, a little more detailed information would be nice.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (779 Views)
ACE - Professor

OP most likely doesn't know what a hard reset is.

Hard Reset: 

On the back of your Mcell, between the Power Adapter Plug Port and the yellow Ethernet Port, there is a small hole that has a recessed Reset button inside.

1.  Power down the Mcell.

2.  Using a paper clip or something of similiar diameter, press the Reset button and hold it down for 30 seconds and release.

3.  Power up the Mcell.

4.  See if the Power, Ethernet, GPS and 3G lights turn solid green.  (May take up to 90 minutes)

Does your iPhone connect after this procedure?  It won't unless those four lights are solid green.  If they are not all solid green, then post what the indicator lights are showing.

Message 4 of 7 (772 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

True. I guess it's too much to expect folks to read the Guide before asking questions.

Message 5 of 7 (770 Views)
ACE - Professor

Get your pre-written question list done so I can copy it and use it....

Message 6 of 7 (767 Views)
ACE - Master

I know I know Smiley Sad You're going to have to keep watch over the house cause the rain has stopped so we're going wine tasting this afternoon.

Message 7 of 7 (764 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.