Iphone5 and WiFi

Iphone5 and WiFi

We have an Iphone 5 which will not obtain access to our AT&T home wifi. We have an AT&T Westell 7550 Modem/Router. All other cellphones connect with no problem. The Iphone5 in question, has no problem connecting to other WiFi locations. Anyone have or had this problem. It seems to be a problem on other fourms and groups.

Message 1 of 4 (516 Views)
Expert

Re: Iphone5 and WiFi

what wireless security protocal are you using on the router/modem

Message 2 of 4 (375 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

beenthere41 wrote:

We have an Iphone 5 which will not obtain access to our AT&T home wifi. We have an AT&T Westell 7550 Modem/Router. All other cellphones connect with no problem. The Iphone5 in question, has no problem connecting to other WiFi locations. Anyone have or had this problem. It seems to be a problem on other fourms and groups.

I would suggest perhaps doing a Reset Network Settings in your iPhone Settings menu if you haven't tried that already; yes I realize you stated that your iPhone has no problem connecting to other wifi networks but perhaps the "profile" that it may have stored for your AT&T home wifi network might have gotten "corrupted"--hence the suggestion to do a Reset Network Settings on your phone.

Message 3 of 4 (303 Views)
ACE - Master

I've been an Apple hardware user for about 6-7 years now, and one thing I have noticed is that the Apple WIFI seems to be more "sensitive" to the standards.  By this I mean that at home I will start to notice WIFI issues with my iPhone 4 or iPod Touch (3rd Gen) connecting to my wifi network.  After a few days, teh Apple notebook computers (MacBook Pro) will start having wifi connectivity issues, and if I let it go several more days, then the Lenovo ThinkPad notebooks will start having issues connecting to the wifi network.  At any point in the process, if I pull the power plug on the wifi access point/router, wait 30 seconds, then plug it back in, all the devices work perfectly again on the wifi network.  What I am saying is that if you haven't restarted your wifi access point/router in a long time, try that and see if it makes a difference.

This is funny how it is so similar to my DVD players at home too.  The Expensive one I bought it more sensitive to the discs being "in spec" and the cheap one I got for free when I bought new tires for my wife's car 7-8 years ago plays anything I put in it.  I actually had a discussion on that topic with a video engineer at a DVD replication company once and he echoed the same thing, the more expensive equipment was more sensitive to the spec and the cheaper stuff only used teh specifications as "guidelines"...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (290 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.