Iphone plan for 4

Contributor

Iphone plan for 4

[ Edited ]

hello to all this is my 1st time in the community forum and i must admit i must be out of my freecking mined.,

for example:

NPNick is serching for a plan for 4 thru AT&T UNDER $200.00,

and here am i with a 2 year contract thru AT&T with 1 iPhone 4s shared plan with 13gb                                  allowance and is everyone ready for this i pay $212.00 alone did i do somthing wrong and to                         top it off i cant receive calls for what ever reason in most of the locations that i spend 90% of   

my days even if the person thats calling me is standing right next to me in addition to not being                      able to make a call or send a text.

please anyone i will not get offended with your replys or comments regarding my ignorance.  

Message 1 of 4 (608 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Iphone plan for 4

rvsr17 wrote:

hello to all this is my 1st time in the community forum and i must admit i must be out of my freecking mined.,

for example:

and here am i with a 2 year contract thru AT&T with 1 iPhone 4s shared plan with 13gb                                  allowance and is everyone ready for this i pay $212.00 alone did i do somthing wrong and to                         top it off i cant receive calls for what ever reason in most of the locations that i spend 90% of   

my days even if the person thats calling me is standing right next to me in addition to not being                      able to make a call or send a text.

please anyone i will not get offended with your replys or comments regarding my ignorance.  

While AT&T has good coverage, it is not perfect everywhere.  For over 6 years I worked in a warehouse.  Most of the time I was in that building, I was lucky to have Edge coverage unless U was in the far western end of the building in which case I had a decent LTE signal.  Was it AT&T's fault that the building I was in had many large metal racks?  Was it due to my ignorance? (the answer to both was "no")  It was just that the signal was not the best there, and the physical environment caused the cell signal to be "blocked" throughout most of the building.  The one thing that worked in my favor was that I could connect to a wifi network which allowed me to get most of my service via that wifi signal.

I would ask that if you only have one iPhone 4s, why you are paying for a 13GB data plan?  Do you use that much data every month?  If not, perhaps you should consider dropping your data plan back to somethign much more reasonable, and then the few months you need more data, just pay the overage fees.  IIRC, they only charge about $10-15 per GB for data overage fees, so if you can drop your monthly allocation back a level or two, you can save money and only have to pay for 13GB data when you need to use that much data...  Over the course of a year it may be cheaper to pay for 10GB (or 6GB) data per month, then pay the overage fee for the few months that you go over that amount, than to pay for 13GB every month and not use most of it most of the time...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (581 Views)
ACE - Master

GeekBoy wrote:

rvsr17 wrote:

for example:

While AT&T has good coverage, it is not perfect everywhere.  For over 6 years I worked in a warehouse.  Most of the time I was in that building, I was lucky to have Edge coverage unless U was in the far western end of the building in which case I had a decent LTE signal.  Was it AT&T's fault that the building I was in had many large metal racks?  Was it due to my ignorance? (the answer to both was "no")  It was just that the signal was not the best there, and the physical environment caused the cell signal to be "blocked" throughout most of the building.  The one thing that worked in my favor was that I could connect to a wifi network which allowed me to get most of my service via that wifi signal.

I would ask that if you only have one iPhone 4s, why you are paying for a 13GB data plan?  Do you use that much data every month?  If not, perhaps you should consider dropping your data plan back to somethign much more reasonable, and then the few months you need more data, just pay the overage fees.  IIRC, they only charge about $10-15 per GB for data overage fees, so if you can drop your monthly allocation back a level or two, you can save money and only have to pay for 13GB data when you need to use that much data...  Over the course of a year it may be cheaper to pay for 10GB (or 6GB) data per month, then pay the overage fee for the few months that you go over that amount, than to pay for 13GB every month and not use most of it most of the time...

I guess we'd need to see the details of exactly what services you have because I can't figure out how your bill could be so high even at that data level. First off, there is no 13GB plan on mobile share. There is 10GB for $100 and the next higher level is 15GB for $130. Add the $40 for the smartphone and that's $140 or $170 per month. Even after adding taxes and fees, you shouldn't get to $212. Now granted, the current mobile share rates are slightly different than when first introduced so your rates might be slightly different but if I remember correctly, the original mobile share 10GB plan was $120/month plus $30 per smartphone.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (561 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

At some point I got a peak at the data usage chart, and IIRC and the mode average was something like 2GB+. The new plans may help some, but your usage is definetly going to put you near the top level in bills. -Alex
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 4 (544 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.