Iphone 5s fades in and out

Contributor

Iphone 5s fades in and out

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

Message 1 of 4 (468 Views)
Expert

Re: Iphone 5s fades in and out

dbcjmj wrote:

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

Make an appointment at a Apple Genus bar to have them take a look at the device. One point of note - your option of changing phones / carriers is going to be fairly expensive since you will have a pretty heavy early termination fee.

Message 2 of 4 (437 Views)
Scholar

If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?
Message 3 of 4 (409 Views)
Expert

gphipps wrote:
If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?

They stated phone was swapped, so pretty good chance the service was doubeld check, besides on voice only there is very little in the configuration that would result in this, I guess they could do a full account reset but would be a good bet that they already did this when they did the trouble shooting on the original device

Message 4 of 4 (396 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.