Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 26, 2014
9:22:40 AM
View profile
Iphone 5s fades in and out

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

Iphone 5s fades in and out

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 11:25:48 AM
(0)
Expert

dbcjmj wrote:

Make an appointment at a Apple Genus bar to have them take a look at the device. One point of note - your option of changing phones / carriers is going to be fairly expensive since you will have a pretty heavy early termination fee.

dbcjmj wrote:

Make an appointment at a Apple Genus bar to have them take a look at the device. One point of note - your option of changing phones / carriers is going to be fairly expensive since you will have a pretty heavy early termination fee.

Re: Iphone 5s fades in and out

2 of 4 (378 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 1:56:20 PM
(0)
Scholar
If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?
If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?

3 of 4 (350 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 3:29:40 PM
(0)
Expert

gphipps wrote:

They stated phone was swapped, so pretty good chance the service was doubeld check, besides on voice only there is very little in the configuration that would result in this, I guess they could do a full account reset but would be a good bet that they already did this when they did the trouble shooting on the original device

gphipps wrote:

They stated phone was swapped, so pretty good chance the service was doubeld check, besides on voice only there is very little in the configuration that would result in this, I guess they could do a full account reset but would be a good bet that they already did this when they did the trouble shooting on the original device

4 of 4 (337 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments