Iphone 5s fades in and out

Contributor

Iphone 5s fades in and out

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Iphone 5s fades in and out

dbcjmj wrote:

I received a new Iphone 5s for Christimas. I had to return it a couple weeks later because the caller says I keep fading in and out and I could not carry on a conversation. Now it is happening with my new phone. Other than switching phones and carriers - are there other solutions. I do nnot use blue tooth and the airplane mode is off. I also turn off noise reduction ---- all this to no avail. I do turn the phone off every night. Thanks. Fed up!

Make an appointment at a Apple Genus bar to have them take a look at the device. One point of note - your option of changing phones / carriers is going to be fairly expensive since you will have a pretty heavy early termination fee.

Message 2 of 4
Scholar

If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Expert

gphipps wrote:
If it's happening with a second device I would suspect your service. Have you called AT&T?

They stated phone was swapped, so pretty good chance the service was doubeld check, besides on voice only there is very little in the configuration that would result in this, I guess they could do a full account reset but would be a good bet that they already did this when they did the trouble shooting on the original device

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support