Iphone 5s discount

Contributor

Iphone 5s discount

I just bought an iPhone 5s a week ago for $199 + tax then I just found out that they are on sale after just a week. can I have a chance to adjust the price of the phone since I just bought it for a week?

Message 1 of 6 (1,178 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Iphone 5s discount

You have 14 days buyers remorse, but there will be a restocking fee for the phone you have. I believe it is usually around $30. You can return the phone you have now, pay the restocking fee and then buy the cheaper phone.
You may check with where you bought the phone, they may adjust the price, but don't depend on it.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (1,139 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

AT&T will price match if the price is reduced within your buyers remorse period and within the same sales channel (retail, online or over the phone). Where did you buy your phone?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6 (1,044 Views)
Contributor

Unfotunately that is not accurate !

I bought the iPhone 5S online for $199, 3 days back and have not received the phone yet. Reply I got from ATT is that they cannot refund $100 since I purchased the phone 2 days prior to the promo start period; and I have been recommended to return the phone at any ATT store and then place a new order (assuming the promo is still valid then). Really weird why they would even suggest that - increasing their return handling and customer effort !!

Will definitely return the phone and then check with other carriers/options, since this customer-service is pathetic (especially for someone who has been with them for 7 years now).

Message 4 of 6 (1,034 Views)
Contributor

And my faith is restored :-) ! Just hungup after 30 mins with ATT customer support and they have actually refunded 100$ as a credit to my account. Was told this is a one-time exception and that they do not price-match online orders. So alls well !

Message 5 of 6 (1,012 Views)
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

I'm glad to see you were able to get your issue resolved. I should have made it clear that I was talking about any regular price reduction, such as when new models come out, or if the price drops after a product was on the market for few months. Some limited time sales or holiday promotions might not be covered by a price protection policy. I apologize for any confusion.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (1,004 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.