Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 28, 2014
11:01:28 AM
Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

Hi

I am an existing at&t customer with mobile share plan and I am eligible for upgrade by May 2014.As part of the upgrade I am planning to buy IPhone 5S.I also want to add one more line to my plan with no contract plan.I am using Iphone 4s in my exisitng plan and I want to use the same phone after May 2014 as well for the contract line.I want to use the Iphone 5S contract phone for no contract line in my mobile share plan.

Can Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

thanks

monagari

Hi

I am an existing at&t customer with mobile share plan and I am eligible for upgrade by May 2014.As part of the upgrade I am planning to buy IPhone 5S.I also want to add one more line to my plan with no contract plan.I am using Iphone 4s in my exisitng plan and I want to use the same phone after May 2014 as well for the contract line.I want to use the Iphone 5S contract phone for no contract line in my mobile share plan.

Can Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

thanks

monagari

Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 11:53:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

monagari wrote:

Hi

Yes, you can use an AT&T locked phone and use it as an off-contract phone in a Mobile Share plan.

I will warn you to be sure to know and understand the costs when you get your new phone.  If you are on a Mobile Share plan and you get a new contract subsidized phone, your cost of service will go up by as much as $25/month.  If you purchase a new off-contract phone using AT&T NEXT, then you will have monthly installments on the phone until it is paid for, so it will make the total due on your bill go up by the installment amount on the NEXT program.  This is confusing for many people, so you want to make sure that you fully understand what impacts it will have on your monthly bill.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

monagari wrote:

Hi

Yes, you can use an AT&T locked phone and use it as an off-contract phone in a Mobile Share plan.

I will warn you to be sure to know and understand the costs when you get your new phone.  If you are on a Mobile Share plan and you get a new contract subsidized phone, your cost of service will go up by as much as $25/month.  If you purchase a new off-contract phone using AT&T NEXT, then you will have monthly installments on the phone until it is paid for, so it will make the total due on your bill go up by the installment amount on the NEXT program.  This is confusing for many people, so you want to make sure that you fully understand what impacts it will have on your monthly bill.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

2 of 4 (455 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 12:17:49 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I am going buy the IPhone 5S with 2 year contract.In that scenario I hope my monthly bill won't be charged for IPhone 5S device.

Can you please share your thoughts?

Thanks

monagari

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I am going buy the IPhone 5S with 2 year contract.In that scenario I hope my monthly bill won't be charged for IPhone 5S device.

Thanks

monagari

Re: Iphone 5s contract phone can be used for non contract line in the same mobile share plan?

3 of 4 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2014 12:47:53 PM
(0)
Former Employee

monagari wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Thanks

monagari

Depending on what level of data you get each month, your monthly cost for your current phone is either $15 or $25. If you buy the 5s at the 2 year contract price, your monthly cost for that line will increase to $40.

monagari wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the response.

Thanks

monagari

Depending on what level of data you get each month, your monthly cost for your current phone is either $15 or $25. If you buy the 5s at the 2 year contract price, your monthly cost for that line will increase to $40.

4 of 4 (444 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments