Iphone 5 serial number.

Scholar

Iphone 5 serial number.

Had to get my iphone5 swapped at the apple store yesterday. While on the phone with AT&T to activate the said the serial number was for an iphnore 4s.. I found that very interesting..

Message 1 of 7 (1,445 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Iphone 5 serial number.

You can find the serial number for the iPhone 5 on the back of the box or by going to Settings > General and scrolling down to the Serial Number line.

You must give the numbers exactly as it shows. One wrong number can make it identify a completely different device. Double check to make sure the representative got the number correct, have them them read it back to yoU. Smiley Happy
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7 (1,421 Views)
Scholar

Evandela,

Thank's.. the numbers are correct.. showes as a iphone 4s.. interesting indeed..

Message 3 of 7 (1,343 Views)
Expert

hydrogen3 wrote:

Evandela,

Thank's.. the numbers are correct.. showes as a iphone 4s.. interesting indeed..

since you mentioned you swapped it as a Apple store would suggest you head back to them as soon as possible. what does the reciept state?

Message 4 of 7 (1,326 Views)
Scholar

iphone 5

Message 5 of 7 (1,321 Views)
ACE - Professor

I would consider going back to the Apple Store and getting a replacement since seems to be a problem on their end. That is really odd indeed! Smiley Tongue
~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 7 (1,301 Views)
Expert

and hopefully the serial number and IMEI number from teh phone match the ones on the box and reciept or things could get a little sticky

Message 7 of 7 (1,281 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.