Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Jul 29, 2013
    8:37:53 PM
    View profile
    Iphone 5 not turning on

My iphone 5 died one night and it wouldn't turn back on. The red low battery bar does not show up and the phone was plugged in for hours, attempting to charge it. The phone is not activated and i have tried hard resetting it (home and sleep button), putting it into dfu mode to restore it (it wouldnt show up on the computer). I feel as though I have tried everything, but nothing seems to be working.

Iphone 5 not turning on

5 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (5)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2013 8:54:17 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

It and the charger are under a full 1 year warranty take it to an Apple Store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Iphone 5 not turning on

2 of 6 (682 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 29, 2013 9:06:09 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    what if the phone was found. I've waited 2 months for someone to call but it was recently deactivated.

3 of 6 (665 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 4:09:45 AM
    (0)
    Expert

korop wrote:
    what if the phone was found. I've waited 2 months for someone to call but it was recently deactivated.

turn it over to local leos, the device is not yours

4 of 6 (588 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 2:15:53 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Thats because it was remotely deactivated you really should turn it over, thank about it you would want someone to turn your phone in if it got lost or stolen.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (536 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 3:04:58 PM
    (0)
    Master
    The phone is probably on AT&T's blacklist and only the original owner can get it off. Turn the iPhone in it is effectively a brick!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
    Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
    Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 6 (528 Views)