Iphone 4 Not receiving text messages

Professor

Re: Iphone 4 Not receiving text messages

For those who seem to think their threatening to switch to Verizon is an end-all, try surfing on a few pages of Verizon's user site. See if their subscribers think Verizon has no problems, and if its as la-la land as many of you seem to think it is. 

I've had Verizon's cellular service. I can tell you the AT&T experience, including their customer service, is exceedingly better in many respects. I'd never go back to Verizon, and there are a whole lot of former customers of theirs who'll tell you the same.

If your answer to every perceived slight with a company is to change providers, you're going to be a very busy person.

Message 16 of 20 (44,494 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

This thread is two weeks old, but this describes exactly what is happening to me today.

My husband sent me at least 20 texts today - I got none of them.  The last text I received was 24 hours ago.

I sent myself a pic message from his phone just now as a test & it came through. (I don't get many MMS messages without a corresponding SMS.)

Was there any actual fix for anyone here?  Did all the old messages come through when it was finally fixed?

Message 17 of 20 (44,162 Views)

I just discovered that my iPhone 4 hasn't been sending or receiving messages since late June, which is a great big bummer because I thought there were no replies to some important text messages in the meantime. I also have a BlackBerry Torch that I use primarily, which has worked flawlessly on a separate account and that’s why I didn’t notice that the iPhone wasn’t working properly. Since making the discovery I have tried everything recommended to solve the problem, but without success.

Some of these posts refer to credit for lost service, but I am much more concerned about the missing messages that have resulted in a loss of $5,125 to me so far and counting plus attorney fees. AT&T, are you listening?

Message 18 of 20 (43,375 Views)
Contributor

You need to turn off your imessage (iphone to iphone) and use standard text to make it work. however, so does your friends. What a pain. This happened after the new software download.
Message 19 of 20 (12,589 Views)

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 20 of 20 (12,148 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.