International use

Contributor

International use

When is AT&T going to offer the same international services recently announced by TMobil?
Message 1 of 6 (415 Views)
Expert

Re: International use

ek1945 wrote:
When is AT&T going to offer the same international services recently announced by TMobil?

doubtful they ever will - tmobile is a german owned company, the parent company DT - deutsche telecom is one of the larger cell providers in europe, all they are doing is opening their current infrasructure in europe to travelers from the US that have t-mobile

If softbanks buy offer goes through suspect that rate plan will vanish, but there has not been much reported on it since August

Message 2 of 6 (406 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

115 countries including Mexico, Central & S America, Europe, Asia, Africa - see list on their site.
This is something all carriers should do. Beats buying SIM card to use locally.

Ervin Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

Message 3 of 6 (390 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

ek1945 wrote:

doubtful they ever will - tmobile is a german owned company, the parent company DT - deutsche telecom is one of the larger cell providers in europe, all they are doing is opening their current infrasructure in europe to travelers from the US that have t-mobile

If softbanks buy offer goes through suspect that rate plan will vanish, but there has not been much reported on it since August

Well, the new T-mobile international roaming deal includes many countries outside of Europe as well.  Since AT&T used to offer an unlimited *international* data plan at $64.99 I'm thinking that this argument doesn't hold water.

I think AT&T could offer much more affordable international roaming plans if they wanted to-- but I agree that its not likely they ever will.  

Message 4 of 6 (376 Views)
Expert

Zeeb wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

ek1945 wrote:

Well, the new T-mobile international roaming deal includes many countries outside of Europe as well.  Since AT&T used to offer an unlimited *international* data plan at $64.99 I'm thinking that this argument doesn't hold water.

I think AT&T could offer much more affordable international roaming plans if they wanted to-- but I agree that its not likely they ever will.  

If DT has a presence or a roaming agreement with other cellular providers you get the discount if not you don;t. ATT, Sprint, Verizon has no cellular presence overseas. I do it the easy way when I am in europe - I use Globalstar

Message 5 of 6 (365 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

I hope AT&T can offer this. We already know everybody overcharges for roaming data. It doesn't actually cost any carrier the $20 they charge us per MB.

I'm most interested in the discounted calling. Right now the rates are not really competitive.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 6 of 6 (254 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.