International use

Contributor

International use

When is AT&T going to offer the same international services recently announced by TMobil?
Message 1 of 6
Expert

Re: International use

ek1945 wrote:
When is AT&T going to offer the same international services recently announced by TMobil?

doubtful they ever will - tmobile is a german owned company, the parent company DT - deutsche telecom is one of the larger cell providers in europe, all they are doing is opening their current infrasructure in europe to travelers from the US that have t-mobile

If softbanks buy offer goes through suspect that rate plan will vanish, but there has not been much reported on it since August

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

115 countries including Mexico, Central & S America, Europe, Asia, Africa - see list on their site.
This is something all carriers should do. Beats buying SIM card to use locally.

Ervin Sent from my iPhone

[edited for privacy]

Message 3 of 6
Mentor

wingrider01 wrote:

ek1945 wrote:

doubtful they ever will - tmobile is a german owned company, the parent company DT - deutsche telecom is one of the larger cell providers in europe, all they are doing is opening their current infrasructure in europe to travelers from the US that have t-mobile

If softbanks buy offer goes through suspect that rate plan will vanish, but there has not been much reported on it since August

Well, the new T-mobile international roaming deal includes many countries outside of Europe as well.  Since AT&T used to offer an unlimited *international* data plan at $64.99 I'm thinking that this argument doesn't hold water.

I think AT&T could offer much more affordable international roaming plans if they wanted to-- but I agree that its not likely they ever will.  

Message 4 of 6
Expert

Zeeb wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

ek1945 wrote:

Well, the new T-mobile international roaming deal includes many countries outside of Europe as well.  Since AT&T used to offer an unlimited *international* data plan at $64.99 I'm thinking that this argument doesn't hold water.

I think AT&T could offer much more affordable international roaming plans if they wanted to-- but I agree that its not likely they ever will.  

If DT has a presence or a roaming agreement with other cellular providers you get the discount if not you don;t. ATT, Sprint, Verizon has no cellular presence overseas. I do it the easy way when I am in europe - I use Globalstar

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Scholar

I hope AT&T can offer this. We already know everybody overcharges for roaming data. It doesn't actually cost any carrier the $20 they charge us per MB.

I'm most interested in the discounted calling. Right now the rates are not really competitive.

-= ranron =-
Silver iPhone 5s - AT&T / 450 Rollover Minutes + 200 Bonus Minutes / Unlimited Int'l Data / 50 Roaming Messages / WorldTraveler / WorldConnect
Gray iPhone 5s - China Mobile / 1200 Minutes / 3GB data

[Note: I am not affiliated with AT&T]
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support