09-04-2012 11:31 AM
I am reaching out to the community for suggestions.
I send and receive text messages to the UK successfully for contacts on O2.
However, I can only receive text messages from contacts on Orange (now merging with T- Mobile). My sent texts never make it to the recipient.
When I send text messages, my end appears fine - that is, no failure message.
AT&T support suggested using 011 and + prefix, but this makes no change to my texts being received.
iPhone 4S, not iMessages, failure rate is occuring for last month since changing from iPhone 3S to iPhone 4s. I have rebooted the phone.
Any suggestions, Insight, or are others experiencing the same?
09-04-2012 10:32 PM
09-05-2012 10:26 AM
Great suggestion, Thanks!
Here is what I tried and the results (still no workie):
Format: +44(phone number)@orange.net - Send successful, Mailer-Daemon reports permanent error fail (shortly after send)
Format: 44(phone number)@orange.net - Send successful, Mailer-Daemon reports permanent error fail (shortly after send)
Format: 011+44(phone number)@orange.net - Send successful, Mailer Daemon reports permanent error fail (shortly after send)
Format: 01144(phone number)@orange.net - Send successful, does not make it to the recipient.
Note, 44 is the UK country code.
I am stuck on why I can receive text, but not able to reply even though I have international texting.
09-05-2012 11:09 AM
09-05-2012 2:55 PM
OK, nice, you are on to something.
The text email to 01144(phone number)@orange.net failed with "rejected by the recipient domain." Error code was: 550 550 5.1.1
I forwarded the message to my UK contact and asked them to get input from Orange. This may take a day or so, but, it is nice to at least have an error to work from.
09-05-2012 5:53 PM
10-01-2012 9:13 AM
After some travel and sick time, texts now get through to Orange UK. Unfortunately, Orange UK was never contacted and the problem has resolved itself. Texts are now working with Orange.
I appreciate the exchange provided - Thank you!
11-22-2013 3:14 PM
Hello Guys: I wanted you all to know that the text "Failed" issue we are experiencing with Samsung SIII has to be resolved by Samsung. In my case, I can send text messages to all countries except country code +234. I have contacted AT&T and the problem persists. Earlier, I contact Samsung and they suggested several fixes, which did not work. I have read several comments from T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint users who are having similar problems. I think this has to do with Samsung firmware upgrade because I had no problem sending text messages anywhere and anytime until early August 2013.
11-23-2013 11:20 AM
FYI - just had another round of chat session with Samsung on the text "Failed" issue. They suggested that carriers should push Android 4.3 to their users. Is this something AT&T wants to consider at this time? I currently have Android 4.1.2.
12-27-2013 5:34 PM
Hello all: Please if you are going thru a problem, don't give up until you find a solution. I kept on the effort to solve the problem of international text reporting "Failed" and today, the problem is solved. An AT&T Manager in New Jersey called me at 4:50PM Pacific time and suggested that I should replace "011" with "+" when I want to text an international number. Guess what guys! -- I did and it worked perfectly. Long-standing problem solved at last. Therefore, if you get "Failed" when you send an international text, just re-send starting with "+" sign and the number. Happy New Year to you all.
© 2016 AT&T Intellectual Property.This link will open a new window All rights reserved. AT&T, Globe logo, Mobilizing Your World and DIRECTV are registered trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
Congratulations! You earned the Liz badge!